What's new

B.J. AND THE BEAR (1 Viewer)

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I enjoyed that show growing up. It made me want a chimp! :laugh:
I believe it lasted 3 seasons. Long enough to inspire a spin-off, "The Misadventures of Sheriff Lobo" which lasted 2 seasons, I think.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
If they both ever come out on DVD I'll buy them!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Duane Alford

Second Unit
Same here. I'd buy all 3 seasons of B.J. & both of Lobo. The show made me want to become a truck driver and I eventually did it for 5 months. I can't believe B.J. is ranked 35th on the list of unreleased shows, yet who knows if it'll ever be released.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
^^ I also attempted to be a Truck Driver a few years ago. I was able to get a CGL but I just didn't have "The Right Stuff" (Plus the fact that during a Training Run with one Company, while entering a Rest Area in Bristol, TN I Put out a Minivan with the Trailer! The only saving grace was the guy was Illegally Parked, so I actually was not liable!
(I sure taught that guy a lesson on why one should not park illegally!):laugh:
I'd also purchase the Series Moving On if that ever comes out on DVD!

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Not sure if I'd buy b.j., but I'd definitely buy Misadventures of Sheriff Lobo (the first season for sure, not certain about the revamped Lobo second season).
I think there was at least one two-part crossover that began on one of the shows and ended on the other (like in $6M Man/Bionic woman). Wonder how they'd treat it on DVD (kinda wondering how this story played out in syndication: whether both parts were re-assigned to either B.J. or Lobo, or if each individual part still ran on its own).
Or, I suppose they could go the megaset route and offer all five seasons (three of BJ and two of Lobo in a single boxed set). Pretty risky, though, but might maximise sales from people like me who mainly have an interest in only one of those shows.

markg61326

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
I've been hoping BJ & The Bear and The Misadventures Of Sheriff Lobo would get some support for a DVD release. These were two of my favorite shows from my youth and I would love to see them released. These two series would be at the top of my want list along with Six Million Dollar Man & Bionic Woman sets.

If Dukes Of Hazzard can get a complete series release then I don't see why BJ or Lobo can't get any interest. Here's hoping the studio who holds the rights is reading this and taking note.

Mark G

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Would never happen and getting your hopes up that they would take two shows and merge them into one boxed set is also wishful thinking. Studios maximixe their profits by releasing each series by itself. It's like Universal deciding to release Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman in one boxed set. Never happen. They would release each series by itself.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Mark Talmadge said:
Would never happen and getting your hopes up that they would take two shows and merge them into one boxed set is also wishful thinking.
I don't think anyone is this thread was "getting their hopes up" for such a thing. I only offered it as a "what if" suggestion that would take care of the 'crossover' thing. True, VERY unlikely.
Truth be told, any DVD releases from either series seem highly unlikely at the moment.

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
I know this is a pretty old thread,but I don't understand why B.J. & The Bear isn't out yet.It has an unreleased rank of 27.How high a rank does a show have to get before it gets a release? Since Universal owns the right,and don't want to release it,I thought Shout would've jumped at giving this a DVD release.Obviously not.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Stephen Wight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know this is a pretty old thread,but I don't understand why B.J. & The Bear isn't out yet.It has an unreleased rank of 27.How high a rank does a show have to get before it gets a release? Since Universal owns the right,and don't want to release it,I thought Shout would've jumped at giving this a DVD release.Obviously not.
This is one I'd get as well. It's anyone's guess on the reason we haven't seen a release. It seem these days, as you said, outsource liscencing is the only chance for this one.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Many of BJ's Episodes had Popular Music in them. I Recall Guest Appearances such as Billy Joel and The Pointer Sisters in a Couple of Episodes. I highly suspect this series has that cursed "Music Rights" Problem that has prevented many a series from being released. /img/vbsmilies/htf/furious.gif

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Music replacement wouldn't be a killer for me since I only want a good quality release of Anne Lockhart's "Pogo Lil" guest shots! :)

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Regulus /forum/thread/279260/b-j-and-the-bear#post_3673984
Many of BJ's Episodes had Popular Music in them./img/vbsmilies/htf/furious.gif
Don't see why this would be an obstacle in the case of Lobo, however (unless licencing costs for the season 2 theme song, "Georgia On My Mind", are too high).

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
I would buy both series too!! To be honest I watched BJ because of the girls on the show. :)

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
OMG! Lost to Fire? Can it be? IF so, what else was lost?

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Site-News-Interview-with-Mill-Creek-VP/14528

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Unversal fire cause lots of damage to the original. However, i do not think that is the only reason and it probably has to do with the music rights to BJ and the Bear. My guess is it will be a wait and see approach to this released. The good news at least it is being talked about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks