What's new

Question on bass traps (1 Viewer)

TexasStation

Agent
Real Name
Jim
Here's my situation. We just built an enclosed media room, approx. 16' X 19'. I have two rows of 4 theater recliners, with the front row about 11' from the screen and the back row about 2' from the back wall on a 6" riser. The problem is with the seats in the back row, especially in the corners. After I run the Audyssey calibration through my Denon receiver, the front row has pretty good effects from the sub, but the back row corner seats are getting just overblown bass and vibrations. I have tried positioning my sub everywhere (front left corner, front mid-wall, back right corner). Still the same. If I dial down the sub to make things more tolerable in the back, I lose all my low bass in the front, and vice versa. So it seems to me that my issue might be standing waves in the back corners and I'm wondering if my best option would be installing bass traps in the corners, or does anyone know of a better solution. Just need to get a better balance between the front and back rows. Thanks

brandonchenry

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandon Henry
i dont know what receiver you have, but if it is a 3808 or better, you can get the audyssey pro software version unlocked, and the extra measurements pluse the increased processing power will fix your problems

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks