What's new

Dark Knight DVD R1 screengrabs and other stuff... (1 Viewer)

Ben J Loews

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,

Managed to get hold of a copy of the R1 Dark Knight release from my UK friendly supplier...

I am aware that most of the interest now is probably in the blu ray release, but seeing as I haven't "gone" blu yet, DVD is all I have im afraid.

A few shots of the packaging which has the normal artwork, then the "graffitti" artwork on the other cover.

And then some shots of the film itself in uncompressed png format.

Bonedwarf

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve
Love that Joker cover.

My only complaint about Dark Knight was there is NO WAY it should have gotten a PG rating. Fantastic movie, but it shoud have been an "R" IMO, and frankly probably would have been had it not been Batman.

Sony can shove their BluRay where the Sun don't shine. I have no interest AT ALL for a variety of reasons. (Cost, pointlessness...) So I'm very pleased to see this DVD info.

Though this "BONUS DIGITAL COPY" nonsense needs to die. It's a waste of time and money, especially as none I've seen so far support the most popular media device on the market. (The iPod.) So I'll stick to ripping my own thanks. Fair use and all that.

Thanks again. Really love that Joker cover.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
The film was appropriately rated PG-13, but perhaps inappropriately marketed with tie-ins that appealed to young kids.

Regards,

Jace_A

Second Unit

Quite a few Digital Copies are iTunes and, therefore, iPod compatible. I recently copied Hellboy II and Prince Caspian to my iPod touch through the Digital Copy provided on the Blu-Rays for those films.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I received my review copy today. For those curious, the IMAX sequences on the second "extras" disc are presented windowboxed in a 16:9 frame at an aspect ratio of approximately 1.43:1. When non-IMAX shots are intercut, those are, as one would expect, letterboxed to 2.35:1 within the 16:9 frame.

On top of that, the digital copy presents the IMAX shots in a 16:9 aspect ratio while the rest of the film is letterboxed to 2.35:1, so it is a unique SD presentation compared to the one on the DVD.

Oh, and the digital copy is Mac/iTunes/iPod friendly.

Regards,

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
FINALLY clarification on the AR of the DVD IMAX scenes.

Also, sounds like the digital copy is essentially the Blu-ray version in SD.

VERY interesting.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks