-

Photo

Dark Knight DVD R1 screengrabs and other stuff...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Ben J Loews

Ben J Loews

Stunt Coordinator

• 95 posts

Posted November 25 2008 - 06:09 AM

Hello,

Managed to get hold of a copy of the R1 Dark Knight release from my UK friendly supplier...

I am aware that most of the interest now is probably in the blu ray release, but seeing as I haven't "gone" blu yet, DVD is all I have im afraid.

A few shots of the packaging which has the normal artwork, then the "graffitti" artwork on the other cover.

And then some shots of the film itself in uncompressed png format.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Bonedwarf

Bonedwarf

Stunt Coordinator

• 151 posts

Posted November 25 2008 - 05:11 PM

Love that Joker cover.

My only complaint about Dark Knight was there is NO WAY it should have gotten a PG rating. Fantastic movie, but it shoud have been an "R" IMO, and frankly probably would have been had it not been Batman.

Sony can shove their BluRay where the Sun don't shine. I have no interest AT ALL for a variety of reasons. (Cost, pointlessness...) So I'm very pleased to see this DVD info.

Though this "BONUS DIGITAL COPY" nonsense needs to die. It's a waste of time and money, especially as none I've seen so far support the most popular media device on the market. (The iPod.) So I'll stick to ripping my own thanks. Fair use and all that.

Thanks again. Really love that Joker cover.

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden

Producer

• 6,070 posts
  • LocationLivonia, MI USA

Posted November 26 2008 - 04:57 AM

The film was appropriately rated PG-13, but perhaps inappropriately marketed with tie-ins that appealed to young kids.

Regards,
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben

Studio Mogul

• 21,769 posts

Posted November 26 2008 - 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneddwarf
So I'll stick to ripping my own thanks. Fair use and all that.
I'm not telling you what to do outside of HTF, but we have explicit rules on what not to discuss here, including one's theories of "fair use":

Quote:
5. Respect for copyrights. Home Theater Forum has a strict policy of respecting the rights of copyright holders. . . . We also do not allow discussion of (a) how to make unauthorized copies of video or audio materials, (b) how to defeat any form of copy protection (including, for example, how to make “personal” copies of commercially produced DVDs), and/or © how to obtain equipment that can only be used for such purposes.

In one form or another, this rule goes back to the very origins of HTF. We are serious about it, and it is not going to change. Please do not try to debate copyright law with us. We’re not interested in discussing what the law should be. We believe it is in the best interest of HTF to enforce this policy strictly, and members test it at their peril.
First and only warning. Please don't test us on this.
COMPLETE list of my disc reviews.       HTF Rules / 200920102011 Film Lists

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Jace_A

Jace_A

Second Unit

• 293 posts

Posted November 26 2008 - 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonedwarf

Though this "BONUS DIGITAL COPY" nonsense needs to die. It's a waste of time and money, especially as none I've seen so far support the most popular media device on the market. (The iPod.) So I'll stick to ripping my own thanks. Fair use and all that.

Quite a few Digital Copies are iTunes and, therefore, iPod compatible. I recently copied Hellboy II and Prince Caspian to my iPod touch through the Digital Copy provided on the Blu-Rays for those films.

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden

Producer

• 6,070 posts
  • LocationLivonia, MI USA

Posted November 26 2008 - 10:51 AM

I received my review copy today. For those curious, the IMAX sequences on the second "extras" disc are presented windowboxed in a 16:9 frame at an aspect ratio of approximately 1.43:1. When non-IMAX shots are intercut, those are, as one would expect, letterboxed to 2.35:1 within the 16:9 frame.

On top of that, the digital copy presents the IMAX shots in a 16:9 aspect ratio while the rest of the film is letterboxed to 2.35:1, so it is a unique SD presentation compared to the one on the DVD.

Oh, and the digital copy is Mac/iTunes/iPod friendly.

Regards,
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Nicholas Martin

Nicholas Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,683 posts

Posted November 26 2008 - 04:37 PM

FINALLY clarification on the AR of the DVD IMAX scenes.

Also, sounds like the digital copy is essentially the Blu-ray version in SD.

VERY interesting.

Thanks!

Forum Nav Content I Follow