What's new

Where's Family Ties Season 5? (1 Viewer)

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
The first and third seasons were released in February,with news in November,so I thought the release of the fifth season would follow that pattern.We're almost into December and there hasn't been a word.I'm getting the feeling that I'll have to add Family Ties to the list of shows(with Taxi,Charlie's Angels,The Fall Guy and Mork & Mindy)that I collect,but will never be completed.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
I hope that the entire series is released. It would be stupid for it to stop over halfway through.

Since we still have 6 days left, I'm betting something comes out in the next few days. Maybe for a early Thanksgiving present?
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Lots of shows seem to stall at season four, I've noticed...maybe that's a huge drop-off point for sales?

chadHobbick

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad
I've noticed that trend too. I wonder if just regular consumers are realizing it's easier to wait for the complete series sets as it is cheaper than purchasing them one by one. I wonder if a studio were to release a complete series set first, with individual seasons later on would be economically sound. Some people don't want all the season sets, and would rather just pick and choose.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I still think we will see the remaining 3 seasons of Family Ties released. Perhaps not in the timely fashion one would like however.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Five is a magic number. Hopefully the rest will be out within a year. And while I'm at it--may I thank CBS/Paramount for not making Family Ties into another !#$#@ half-season fiasco like they did with Melrose Place and Dynasty...!

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
This was very nice to hear. I was not worried about Paramount finishing this off as i think it has sold fairly well. I just was not sure of the timeframe it would take between releases going forward. It would be nice to have this completed by early 2010. Now that i mention that, it is hard to believe i am actually saying the year 2010. Ah where does the time go.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Off-topic but back in 1995 I started to become aware of the fact that the year 2000 was approaching and I became fascinated over it. I thought of movies like Blade Runner with the flying cars and wondered will it ever really be like that. Anyway, how many seasons did Family Ties run for?

I was wondering if anyone has an advanced reviewer's Family Ties Season 5. I wanted to know if Paramount left in the song "Born to Be Wild" from the classic episode "A, My Name is Alex" and if this episode has been split into two parts or shown as one complete episode was it was originally aired? This is my absolute favorite episode from this show, and one of my favorites in sitcom history. Absolutely brilliant and groundbreaking.

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
I checked the "A, My Name Is Alex" on the DVD. The bad news is that it has been split into two parts. The good news is that neither of the two parts is a cut-for-syndication version (part 1 is 24 minutes, part 2 is 26 minutes); it appears to have all the scenes intact. The even better news is that Paramount ponied up for "Born to Be Wild" and "Light My Fire"; they're both intact in this episode.

So while the two-part split is annoying, since the therapy scene was meant to be one uninterrupted scene (and aired without any commercial breaks), the whole episode is actually there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks