Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Where's Family Ties Season 5?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 OFFLINE   Stephen Wight

Stephen Wight

Second Unit

• 479 posts

Posted November 24 2008 - 08:46 AM

The first and third seasons were released in February,with news in November,so I thought the release of the fifth season would follow that pattern.We're almost into December and there hasn't been a word.I'm getting the feeling that I'll have to add Family Ties to the list of shows(with Taxi,Charlie's Angels,The Fall Guy and Mork & Mindy)that I collect,but will never be completed.

#2 of 13 OFFLINE   ZacharyTait

ZacharyTait

Screenwriter

• 2,187 posts

Posted November 24 2008 - 09:14 AM

I hope that the entire series is released. It would be stupid for it to stop over halfway through.

Since we still have 6 days left, I'm betting something comes out in the next few days. Maybe for a early Thanksgiving present? Posted Image

#3 of 13 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,394 posts

Posted November 24 2008 - 10:58 AM

Lots of shows seem to stall at season four, I've noticed...maybe that's a huge drop-off point for sales?

#4 of 13 OFFLINE   chadHobbick

chadHobbick

Stunt Coordinator

• 141 posts

Posted November 24 2008 - 01:00 PM

I've noticed that trend too. I wonder if just regular consumers are realizing it's easier to wait for the complete series sets as it is cheaper than purchasing them one by one. I wonder if a studio were to release a complete series set first, with individual seasons later on would be economically sound. Some people don't want all the season sets, and would rather just pick and choose.

#5 of 13 OFFLINE   Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

• 1,516 posts

Posted November 24 2008 - 03:04 PM

I still think we will see the remaining 3 seasons of Family Ties released. Perhaps not in the timely fashion one would like however.

#6 of 13 OFFLINE   Jefty

Jefty

Stunt Coordinator

• 166 posts

Posted December 07 2008 - 12:41 PM

I'm pining for the rest of the seasons too!

#7 of 13 OFFLINE   ZacharyTait

ZacharyTait

Screenwriter

• 2,187 posts

Posted December 15 2008 - 04:26 AM

Family Ties DVD news: Announcement for Family Ties - The 5th Season | TVShowsOnDVD.com

A few weeks late, but the announcement is here! Posted Image

#8 of 13 OFFLINE   nikkif99uk

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor

• 984 posts

Posted December 15 2008 - 04:36 AM

great news

#9 of 13 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,394 posts

Posted December 15 2008 - 07:07 AM

Five is a magic number. Hopefully the rest will be out within a year. And while I'm at it--may I thank CBS/Paramount for not making Family Ties into another !#$#@ half-season fiasco like they did with Melrose Place and Dynasty...!

#10 of 13 OFFLINE   Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

• 1,516 posts

Posted December 16 2008 - 09:43 AM

This was very nice to hear. I was not worried about Paramount finishing this off as i think it has sold fairly well. I just was not sure of the timeframe it would take between releases going forward. It would be nice to have this completed by early 2010. Now that i mention that, it is hard to believe i am actually saying the year 2010. Ah where does the time go.

#11 of 13 OFFLINE   cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC

Screenwriter

• 1,931 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted December 17 2008 - 01:58 AM

Off-topic but back in 1995 I started to become aware of the fact that the year 2000 was approaching and I became fascinated over it. I thought of movies like Blade Runner with the flying cars and wondered will it ever really be like that. Anyway, how many seasons did Family Ties run for?

RIP Roberto Gomez Bolanos. 

#12 of 13 OFFLINE   Nick_Feduccia

Nick_Feduccia

Agent

• 30 posts

Posted February 25 2009 - 08:34 AM

I was wondering if anyone has an advanced reviewer's Family Ties Season 5. I wanted to know if Paramount left in the song "Born to Be Wild" from the classic episode "A, My Name is Alex" and if this episode has been split into two parts or shown as one complete episode was it was originally aired? This is my absolute favorite episode from this show, and one of my favorites in sitcom history. Absolutely brilliant and groundbreaking.

#13 of 13 OFFLINE   Jaime_Weinman

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor

• 786 posts

Posted March 05 2009 - 02:54 PM

I checked the "A, My Name Is Alex" on the DVD. The bad news is that it has been split into two parts. The good news is that neither of the two parts is a cut-for-syndication version (part 1 is 24 minutes, part 2 is 26 minutes); it appears to have all the scenes intact. The even better news is that Paramount ponied up for "Born to Be Wild" and "Light My Fire"; they're both intact in this episode.

So while the two-part split is annoying, since the therapy scene was meant to be one uninterrupted scene (and aired without any commercial breaks), the whole episode is actually there.