What's new

Room 222...Could It Be? (1 Viewer)

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Wow. I'd actually be able to recreate the Friday Night lineup I recall as a child if we get ROOM 222! I don't recall the show all that well, but I'd be interested in getting it.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
It would make my year as well as far as t.v. series are concerned. I loved this show as a child. Pete, Jason, Bernie, Helen, Miss Johnson, wow....

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
Yes!
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
Yes!
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
YES!
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
The big question here is, what studio will release it? Is Fox finally going into its vaults for 60s shows (besides the Irwin Allen productions), or has the show been leased to an indie like MPI or Shout! Factory? Either way, it holds hope that other vintage Fox shows will come out in '09 (well, you all know WHICH show I want out first!).

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Charles Ellis said:
going into its vaults for 60s shows (besides the Irwin Allen productions), or has the show been leased to an indie like MPI or Shout! Factory? Either way, it holds hope that other vintage Fox shows will come out in '09 (well, you all know WHICH show I want out first!).
After the way Fox has treated Mary Tyler Moore and Bob Newhart I'm really hoping that Fox isn't releasing Room 222. I don't want to spend the next ten years waiting for seasons 2-5.

Montytc

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim Montavon
Brian Himes said:
After the way Fox has treated Mary Tyler Moore and Bob Newhart I'm really hoping that Fox isn't releasing Room 222. I don't want to spend the next ten years waiting for seasons 2-5.
I agree. I hope they choose to license it out to someone like Shout Factory who has a little more respect for vintage shows.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
If this classic does, indeed, come to pass...HIP, HIP, HOORAY!!!!! HIP, HIP, HOORAY!!!!!! HIP, HIP, HOORAY!!!!!!!!" :D
Yes, this is one I have been waiting on for YEARS to come to pass on DVD!!!!!!! I could watch this one in likely one full swoop!!!!!
If it is Fox putting this one out, great!!!! If not...maybe it is not such a bad idea for someone, i.e. MPI, Shout!, as aforementioned. After all, if it is Shout!, we may well have a chance to have all five seasons come to pass on DVD.
This is, undoubtlessly, great news coming from TVShowsOnDVD.com.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

This is something else to look forward to in 2009!!! ;)

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
Amazon now has Room 222: Season One for a pre-order price of... $10.99!

At that price, I'm willing to make a blind buy.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I'm heading on over to Amazon.com now to see what the collection looks like. I really hope we don't get flippers....
Well, it looks quite good from what I can see. Four discs, and single-sided ones at that. And from what I've seen of Shout! and their work with Adam-12, this has got to be good. If this series were released right now in its entirety, I'd snatch it up pronto. :emoji_thumbsup:
It will be fun to watch The Brady Bunch, The Partridge Family, and Room 222 in succession, just like the good ol' days. But, I might throw in an episode or two of The Mod Squad just for good measure. ;)

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
Is the $10.99 price correct? If they make it higher will they honor it? I'd blind buy this set at this price as well.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
TV_Fan said:
Is the $10.99 price correct? If they make it higher will they honor it? I'd blind buy this set at this price as well.
It looks to be correct now, but I doubt very much it will stay at this price come March.

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
I did order the set, and it came with a Pre-order Price Guarantee:

"Our Pre-order Price Guarantee covers one or more item(s) in this order. If the Amazon.com price decreases between the time you place your order and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price."

I barely remember this show, so I hope it lives up to expectations. But at $10.99, I'll take a chance.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Tim,
Thanks for the info! This one's a rare pre-order for me. I remember the show. You won't be disappointed with this one. Sounds like another great Shout! set.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I watched two episodes of The Mod Squad last night, and was wishing that I had had the first season of Room 222 in my library to watch as a follow-up. Both shows are such great period pieces. I haven't pre-ordered it, but I will order it the minute it actually becomes available to purchase. :emoji_thumbsup:
I am looking forward to seeing David Jollife, Judy Strangis, and Heshimu Cumbuka again. The four major characters are also excellent, but I think the interaction between Pete Dixon and his students, and the social issues that were tackled in the show, were the main draw for me. Heck, perhaps it was both. ;)
I hadn't realized until I researched it how many big names were on the show:
"The show featured many actors who went on to become major stars, such as Bruno Kirby, Bernie Kopell, Cindy Williams, Teri Garr, Jamie Farr, Rob Reiner, Anthony Geary, Richard Dreyfuss, Chuck Norris, Kurt Russell, and Mark Hamill."
Room 222 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

brian_hassel

Agent
Real Name
Brian Hassel
At $10.99 I took a chance on a blind buy. I love classic entertainment. Such a nice change a pace. Always interesting to see what people were watching while I was just a baby.

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
But does the price guarantee cover if the cost INCREASES by the release date? :crazy:

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
that is the problem. I hope amazon honors the 65% off price and doesn't increase it at the last minute.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks