Room 222...Could It Be?

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#21 of 155 OFFLINE   Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis

Screenwriter

• 1,890 posts

Posted January 09 2009 - 06:51 AM

Well, I placed my order today- I think Amazon will honor the $10.99 price (what a bargain!).
Bring "The continuing story of PEYTON PLACE" home on DVD: the one that started it all- from Dallas and Dynasty to Desperate Housewives and Gossip Girl!!! Starting this May, see the legendary saga starring Mia Farrow, Ryan O'Neal, Barbara Parkins, and Oscar-winner Dorothy Malone on DVD thru...

#22 of 155 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted January 09 2009 - 07:34 AM

Joe, that's interesting about Amazon not guaranteeing the price if pre-ordered. I'd thought that the price locked in for pre-orders. I need to look at this one again before clicking the order button. It's still in my cart.

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#23 of 155 OFFLINE   Corey3rd

Corey3rd

Screenwriter

• 1,721 posts

Posted January 09 2009 - 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Willis
Joe, that's interesting about Amazon not guaranteeing the price if pre-ordered. I'd thought that the price locked in for pre-orders. I need to look at this one again before clicking the order button. It's still in my cart.

They did this a few years back with the Sgt. Bilko collection. I ordered 3 at the extra low price and they showed up at that price. I've never heard of them jacking up the price after you've placed your order. Now if you just wishlist it - you can have the price go up
come see the reviews at
http://thedvdlounge.com/

and the Seinfeld Tour Bus

#24 of 155 OFFLINE   pitchman

pitchman

Screenwriter

• 1,839 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MO

Posted January 10 2009 - 02:17 AM

I pre-ordered this the other day, too. The listing has been up for nearly a week. If it is a mistake, I have to think it would somehow have been "red flagged" in their system by now. I think Amazon will be hard-pressed to NOT honor the $10.99 price after actively soliciting orders over an extended period of time.
Gary

#25 of 155 OFFLINE   nikkif99uk

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor

• 984 posts

Posted January 10 2009 - 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tucker
Amazon now has Room 222: Season One for a pre-order price of... $10.99!

At that price, I'm willing to make a blind buy.

I've done the same thing pre-ordered it as a blind buy

#26 of 155 OFFLINE   TV_Fan

TV_Fan

Second Unit

• 292 posts

Posted January 10 2009 - 09:13 AM

I emailed amazon with a general question regarding how they handle price guarantee's if a price increases between the time the order is placed & ship date. Here is their repsonse:

Hello from Amazon.com.

Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, software, or video game, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you placed your order and the release date.

Please note that our Pre-Order Price Guarantee applies only to items sold by Amazon.com, and not to items (or prices) offered by other sellers on our site.

I've included some additional information below. Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com.

WHERE CAN I FIND MORE INFORMATION ABOUT AMAZON'S PRICING POLICIES?
Please visit our Help pages at:

Amazon.com: Help*>*Payment, Pricing & Promotions*>*Pricing

They have this info on their website as well. I think everyone who wants to buy this title needs to pre-order it immediately. If they riase the price (I'm still sure this is some kind of error) between now and ship date we can all fight them on it & per their pricing policy as stated on their own website, they have to honor the lowest price.

#27 of 155 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted January 10 2009 - 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
I think everyone who wants to buy this title needs to pre-order it immediately.

Good advice. I haven't seen a price this low for a full season set in a while, at least one that I'm interested in adding to the collection. I placed my order a few minutes ago with a couple other items in the cart. It's been a long time since I pre-ordered any TV/DVD set.

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#28 of 155 OFFLINE   TV_Fan

TV_Fan

Second Unit

• 292 posts

Posted January 10 2009 - 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Willis

Good advice. I haven't seen a price this low for a full season set in a while, at least one that I'm interested in adding to the collection. I placed my order a few minutes ago with a couple other items in the cart. It's been a long time since I pre-ordered any TV/DVD set.

I have this on pre-order. It's a blind buy for me but from everything I've heard, it seems like a great show and one many consider a classic. From its sales ranking it seems like a lot of people are taking advantage of the price & doing the same Posted Image

#29 of 155 OFFLINE   Carabimero

Carabimero

Screenwriter

• 1,229 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted January 10 2009 - 08:04 PM

I ordered it. I think they'll have to honor the price. They'll definitely have to get customer okay before they charge you more than you agreed on.

#30 of 155 OFFLINE   Joe Karlosi

Joe Karlosi

Producer

• 6,001 posts

Posted January 10 2009 - 09:31 PM

I have been holding out, but I've just gone and pre-ordered it too. I'm wondering if there's some 'faulty' reason why the price is so low -- crummy-looking episodes, incomplete, super-compressed, or something?

#31 of 155 OFFLINE   TV_Fan

TV_Fan

Second Unit

• 292 posts

Posted January 11 2009 - 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Karlosi
I have been holding out, but I've just gone and pre-ordered it too. I'm wondering if there's some 'faulty' reason why the price is so low -- crummy-looking episodes, incomplete, super-compressed, or something?

The actual retail listed is $34.99, the $10.99 price is amazon's own discount so I doubt there's anything wrong with the set. I'm not sure what other retailers have the set priced for on pre-order.

#32 of 155 OFFLINE   vnisanian2001

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor

• 683 posts

Posted January 11 2009 - 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Karlosi

Shout! has a good track record of releasing shows unedited, and has listened to complaints from fans about edited episodes on their favorite shows, so why on Earth would you worry about the episodes being butchered?
 To all fans of Mr. Belvedere who haven't purchased season 4 yet, please watch this video.

#33 of 155 OFFLINE   pitchman

pitchman

Screenwriter

• 1,839 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MO

Posted January 11 2009 - 03:46 AM

What may be going on here, is some kind of sweetheart deal between Amazon and Shout! Factory. Perhaps Shout! is offering Amazon copies at a special discount in an effort to increase awareness for this release and to help create a bigger user base for future volumes. This way, Shout! keeps its normal MSRP in effect so as to not adversely affect margins when the set lands at retail. Mind you, this is just a guess on my part, but I know for a fact that magazine publishers use a similar tactic. In the magazine itself, a one-year subscription price may be $59.95, but going through an outside agency you can get the same thing for $19.95. This way, the magazine's value is preserved to its "traditional" subscribers (who for the most part are unaware of the offer) and meanwhile, the magazine reaps the added benefit of being able to charge more for advertising due to the higher paid circulation.
Gary

#34 of 155 OFFLINE   cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter

• 1,741 posts

Posted January 11 2009 - 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV_Fan
The actual retail listed is $34.99, the $10.99 price is amazon's own discount so I doubt there's anything wrong with the set. I'm not sure what other retailers have the set priced for on pre-order.

Wow!!! a discount of $24. I was not aware the discount was that big at Amazon. Woohooo!!!! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#35 of 155 OFFLINE   Joe Karlosi

Joe Karlosi

Producer

• 6,001 posts

Posted January 11 2009 - 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnisanian2001
Shout! has a good track record of releasing shows unedited, and has listened to complaints from fans about edited episodes on their favorite shows, so why on Earth would you worry about the episodes being butchered?

Well, for a few reasons -- because I didn't realize that Shout! had such a positive track record, or that Shout! was doing this show!

But I feel better now.

#36 of 155 OFFLINE   Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis

Screenwriter

• 1,890 posts

Posted January 12 2009 - 01:12 AM

Say, does anyone know of any other ridiculously low pre-order deals on Amazon?
Bring "The continuing story of PEYTON PLACE" home on DVD: the one that started it all- from Dallas and Dynasty to Desperate Housewives and Gossip Girl!!! Starting this May, see the legendary saga starring Mia Farrow, Ryan O'Neal, Barbara Parkins, and Oscar-winner Dorothy Malone on DVD thru...

#37 of 155 OFFLINE   Tim Tucker

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter

• 1,023 posts

Posted January 12 2009 - 07:40 AM

You might want to regularly check the Amazon sales page at TVShowsonDVD.com. That's where I found this deal.
BARBARA WRIGHT: You're from Earth?
MORTON DILL: No... no, ma'am, I... I'm from Alabama.
Doctor Who: Flight Through Eternity

#38 of 155 OFFLINE   TV_Fan

TV_Fan

Second Unit

• 292 posts

Posted January 12 2009 - 10:03 AM

I wish Mr Belvedere were listed this low Posted Image

#39 of 155 OFFLINE   TV_Fan

TV_Fan

Second Unit

• 292 posts

Posted January 13 2009 - 05:21 AM

Amazon now has it listed for $31.49. I knew the $10.99 was a fluke. Everyone who pre-ordered it at $10.99 be sure to save your email order comfirmations that you got when you ordered. If amazon tries to charge the higher price show them the proof & throw a fit if needed. They're customer service is usually excellent & they will have a record of the price being this low so I doubt we'll have any problems.

#40 of 155 OFFLINE   Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis

Screenwriter

• 1,890 posts

Posted January 13 2009 - 05:26 AM

Well, I checked my Amazon order, and it's still listed at $10.99. Perhaps it was a limited online pre-sale special.

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow