Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

New TV for Grandparents

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Buckethead78

Buckethead78

Stunt Coordinator

• 74 posts

Posted November 22 2008 - 09:38 AM

Well, my grandparents old huge console TV finally but it after about 20 years. So, I think that's a very good early christmas gift to get them.

Seems easy enough, right?

Grandparents don't want or will use any on screen guides, and simply want to click through the channels looking for something like cops or college football to nap through.

So, I'd like to keep it simple and just connect their basic cable to the TV. Everything I looked at at wally mart this afternoon had HDMI and component video only. Do any TVs still come with just the cable link and their own tuner?

Any suggestions for models?

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Buckethead78

Buckethead78

Stunt Coordinator

• 74 posts

Posted November 24 2008 - 02:48 AM

No one wants to help out a lovely old couple?

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,303 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted November 24 2008 - 04:15 AM

???? I've never seen (or even heard of) a TV that had only component and HDMI. Haven't been checking out the TVs at WalMart lately, but I did spot check a couple of the 32" models they carry (on the manufacturer's websites) and all of them clearly show s-video, F-connector and composite video connections in addition to the HDMI and component ones. Many TVs have a couple of input "clusters" Are you sure you looked everywhere?

Regards,

Joe