What's new

Harmony remote questions (1 Viewer)

Cowbell

Grip
Real Name
Steve
If you were to buy a Harmony Remote today, which model would you pick and why?
Model #550, #670, #880, #One, #1000?

Do all of the various models of the Harmony Remote line use the same setup/configuration software?

thanks in advance.

Brent_S

Second Unit
I went with the 550 mostly for price. It lacks the color display and has fewer soft buttons than some of the higher priced models, but it otherwise has done everything I needed...including allowing the wife to operate everything without having to understand which input each device needs to be set to. It seems to show up for $50 fairly regularly at Amazon.

Yes, all Harmony's use the same web based configuration software.

-Brent

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I have two 880's but I would get 890's now. With so much equipment I sometimes forget to keep the remote pointed in the right direction and something will get missed. The RF functionality of the 890 eliminates that.

-Robert

Arjcm72

Agent
Real Name
Chris
I have an 890, two 550s, and two 520s. They all are wonderful. Right now you can get a great deal on the 890s on Ebay. I actually learned more about them just recently from the wonderful customer service reps via the 800#. A VERY powerful remote for around $200.
They will control Z-wave lighting switches and controls. I have set up a couple lighting networks and love being able to turn all my lamps off and on from bed. NO MORE getting up to turn on or off lights.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks