What's new

P90X (1 Viewer)

Joel...Lane

Second Unit
Real Name
Joel
Has anyone ever used this system? I've been working out almost daily for over a year and am not where I want to be. I'm not overweight but was hoping to be a lot more cut than I am. I'm sure if I just laid off the carbs that would help a lot. But that program seems like it would do the job, as well as kick my a$$ at the same time.

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
I have to admit that the infommercial that I saw for it looked very intense. If you decide to start the program please let us know your results.

CRyan

Screenwriter
Well its not too expensive but workout programs are a dime a dozen - I mean there are thousands available all promising similar results.

To me - that says all the information they are giving is probably available free as well. Let me offer some advice. In two months I have dramatically changed my body by just reducing calories and working out 6 days a week.

I was 25 pounds overwieght and I have already increased calories to around 2500 (up from 1500 when I was trying to lose weight) in a 3 month period.

Really, if your really wanting results, you have to take in the right amount of calories from the right sources at the right times. Hit heavy weights you can handle and add some supplements to that and you will be good.

Learn everything you can about XREPS and you will see results in 2 weeks I promise you. Just google it.

Look at this. It helped me some.

How to gain muscle mass fast plus lose fat at the same time

Supplements you should consider... I have researched a TON and this stack is pretty amazing. I dont worry about more expensive brand names.

Whey Protien Powder - After workout
Creatine with juice - Before workout
Tribulus - At morning and night meals
ZMA - 30 mins before bed
DHEA - Morning
6 OXO - At night meal

CRyan

Screenwriter
I wanted to add that the system is likely not a waste of money. I just believe you can get the same results after taking a few hours of research on your own. And certainly using the info I gave you is a very good start and would certainly jumpstart your workouts.

And remember to cycle your workout once you really start seeing results. 6 weeks heavy supplements and heavy workouts - 2 weeks light supplements and light workouts.

A good schedule is what I have followed so your not working the same muscle groups two days in a row... I will mention upper body only.

Day 1 - Back and Biceps
Day 2 - Triceps, chest, shoulders.

Do at least 2 excersises per muscle group and add the xreps. Workout 6 days a week alternating day 1 and day 2 above.

Lastly, if your wanting increased mass (which will decrease bodyfat at the same time) then dont do "sissy" cardio. Dont run just to run. Do lunges with low weight instead for example. Sissy cardio will actualy catabolize muscle to sustain energy levels.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
I own the original P90 dvds and I LOVE THEM! They are great workouts. I say whatever gets you to move and exercise can't be bad. They have 45 minute workouts that include power yoga, kickboxing and basic cardio. They have a great ab routine as well as strength training session.

I think I paid $60 for 4 dvds and a calendar and free online support. I still use the dvds and support for recipes and guidance on certain exercises. It's very useful.

I am not famila with the P90X, but it looks great. I really like Tony Horton and how he motivates. Sure workout videos are a dime a dozen, but again, if it gets you to move and exercise daily, it can't be bad.

JerryMac

Auditioning
Real Name
Jerry
I have 3 weeks left before I finish my first round of 90 days of P90X, and I've had great results. I was skeptical when I purchased it, but I needed a structured program that included a solid exercise schedule and nutrition plan. So far I have lost 16 lbs, 7%BF, and I'm stronger, more flexible, and have more energy than I have in years.

A big part of my success has been due to the support I received from my Beachbody Coach and folks on the forum. I'd be happy to answer any questions about the program that you might have. Below is a link to my Day 1/ Day 60 pics as well as my information. Just select "Read My Story" and my pics will come up.

Team Beachbody Coach

If you have any questions, post them here or leave me your e-mail address in the box provided at the attached link.

As far as cost...it's really not that expensive, and I know how you can get 10% off. When I think of what I was spending on a gym membership and supplements before...in the long run, this will be a better deal.

Jerry

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
I've looked into supplements but they are ALL made with whey. This is problematic for me because I am lactose intolerant. The only muscle of mine they would build is my sphincter.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
If you've been working out almost daily for over a year and aren't seeing the results you want, then I recommend that you sit down with your doctor and see what he thinks you should try next.

Like the others said, anything that gets you motivated and moving is good, but it sounds like you're already motivated and moving!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks