Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Is wii going to be...

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   Bejoy

Bejoy

Stunt Coordinator

• 61 posts

Posted November 18 2008 - 06:57 AM

the most hard to get item for this holiday season also? Was planning to buy one for my nine year old daughter. Would it be better to grab one now than wait for December? Also, any game recommendations?

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   DaveF

DaveF

• 15,336 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted November 18 2008 - 08:51 AM

Stock has improved. They're routinely available. I know people who have bought them with not effort. I almost bought one twice, when I saw them in stock a couple of weekday evenings. But I suggest buying now so it's done and you have no worries.

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   Bryan X

Bryan X

Producer

• 3,469 posts

Posted November 18 2008 - 09:02 AM

I've seen them in stock at my local Walmart about at least once every week. I think if you really want one you'll be able to get one.
Agree.

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   Matt^Brown

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor

• 623 posts

Posted November 18 2008 - 09:15 AM

I would definitely be buying one now if you want one. I suspect the shortage will begin right after Thanksgiving. My son likes these little balls that turn into robots and we have been buying them on and off all summer. Now we are having a hard time finding them with many places sold out. The holiday season has begun.
The Legend is better than reality!

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   Bryan X

Bryan X

Producer

• 3,469 posts

Posted November 18 2008 - 09:34 AM

Yeah, for the past month or so I've been looking for the complete Band Set for Guitar Hero III World Tour for the Xbox 360. I just found one for the first time today and it was the only one the store had (so I bought it). I don't know if it's that hard to find or it's just local, but I always hate to wait until Black Friday or after to get the "must haves" on my son's Christmas list.

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter

• 1,313 posts

Posted November 18 2008 - 09:51 AM

I think Wii Fit might be even harder to come by. But I would sign up to wiialerts now and get one asap if you're going to pull the trigger.

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   Bejoy

Bejoy

Stunt Coordinator

• 61 posts

Posted November 18 2008 - 11:48 AM

Ok for the games...thinking of buying the Wii Play for the extra remote. Is Mario Cart better/different than that on DS? My daughter plays it on her DS a lot, so wondering is it worth to buy the same game or spend that money on some other ones?

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   DaveF

DaveF

• 15,336 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted November 18 2008 - 12:17 PM

I suggest having this thread moved to the Video Game section, for game recommendations.

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   Jimi C

Jimi C

Screenwriter

• 1,209 posts

Posted November 18 2008 - 04:35 PM

I got a Wii last week, I called about 10 stores before I found a Walmart who said they had stock. I drove there right away. Got there within 10 minutes of calling and managed to snag the very last one. They also had Wii fit in stock but I passed on that.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/theend13/sabres.jpg[/IMG]

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   homevideo45

homevideo45

Stunt Coordinator

• 59 posts

Posted November 18 2008 - 07:43 PM

Get more good recommendations there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users