Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Enterprise

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   John*Wells

John*Wells

Stunt Coordinator

• 170 posts

Posted November 17 2008 - 02:59 AM

its supposed to be pre Kirk right?

Well I believe I have found a flaw. I was watching an ep in S 1 and Archer is doing a log entry. In it, he says the year is 2151

Well if you remember Star Trek II When Capt Terrell and Checkov are found by Khan in Sette alpha 5, Khan Tells Terrell how he and KIrk became enemies. He says, "He never told you the tale? Told you how the Enterprise picked up Botany Bay in the year 1996"

So if thats correct How Can Enterorise be Pre Kirk ??

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Brent S

Brent S

Stunt Coordinator

• 245 posts

Posted November 17 2008 - 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John*Wells
its supposed to be pre Kirk right?

Well I believe I have found a flaw. I was watching an ep in S 1 and Archer is doing a log entry. In it, he says the year is 2151

Well if you remember Star Trek II When Capt Terrell and Checkov are found by Khan in Sette alpha 5, Khan Tells Terrell how he and KIrk became enemies. He says, "He never told you the tale? Told you how the Enterprise picked up Botany Bay in the year 1996"

So if thats correct How Can Enterorise be Pre Kirk ??

The Botany Bay was launched in 1996... the Enterprise found it in the 23rd century.

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Steve_Pannell

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor

• 595 posts
  • LocationNew Albany, MS

Posted November 17 2008 - 03:03 AM

I think Khan said that the Botany Bay was launched from Earth in the year 1996. Didn't he?

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,933 posts

Posted November 17 2008 - 05:45 AM

I cannot believe its been 12yrs since Khan and his cronies left Earth. Posted Image
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   FrosteyV

FrosteyV

Stunt Coordinator

• 91 posts

Posted November 17 2008 - 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Pannell
I think Khan said that the Botany Bay was launched from Earth in the year 1996. Didn't he?

Correct. Exiled after the "Eugenic Wars"?

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted November 17 2008 - 06:40 AM

Methinks, perhaps, that the original poster needs to get his quotes right. The exact quote, as published on IMDB is as follows:

These people have sworn to live and die at my command two hundred years before you were born. Do you mean he never told you the tale? To amuse your Captain, no? Never told you how the Enterprise picked up the Botany Bay lost in space from the year 1996 with myself and ship's company in cryogenic freeze?

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Clay_E

Clay_E

Stunt Coordinator

• 221 posts

Posted November 18 2008 - 05:45 AM

I'm actually kind of impressed by the OP...I've read years and years of Trek-related nitpicking online and elsewhere, and this is the first time I've come across this particular quibble (I mean, the fact that it's based on an inaccurate quote is one thing, but even so - points for originality)!
"Half of the time we're gone and we don't know where."

Forum Nav Content I Follow