Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Beverly Hillbillies, Season 3 coming in February '09

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 of 27 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,645 posts

Posted November 17 2008 - 12:25 AM

Classicflix just announced that the BEVERLY HILLBILLIES - Season 3 will be released on February 17th. I have thoroughly enjoyed the 2nd Season set that was recently released and I'm glad to see this is getting the fast track treatment! Gary "this next volume will end the B/W run of the show" O.
"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#2 of 27 OFFLINE   David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 984 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted November 17 2008 - 12:59 AM

I'm currently in the midst of enjoying Season 2 (towards the end of the second disc) so I'm thrilled to hear about Season 3 coming so soon! I hope Season 3 has the sponsor openings and such that have made S.2 such a treat!

The Bewitched History Book by David L. Pierce ties in the events of the 60s with each episode 
and breaks down each episode in depth along with rare trivia, photos, and reviews!

Available now at BearManorMedia.com and Amazon.com in both paperback and hardback!

Book%2Bcover%2Bsmallest.JPG

#3 of 27 OFFLINE   chadHobbick

chadHobbick

Stunt Coordinator

• 147 posts

Posted November 17 2008 - 04:00 AM

The covers so far have been hideous. I really wish they would go for something different, but at least we are getting the releases.

#4 of 27 OFFLINE   mickeyTOR

mickeyTOR

Agent

• 29 posts

Posted November 17 2008 - 07:22 AM

Hey there I'm coming into this series a little late - and I'm sorta confused. There are three discs out so far - and it looks like some repeat episodes on the Volume 2 and Season 2 set. Any advice on what to purchase?

#5 of 27 OFFLINE   Carabimero

Carabimero

Screenwriter

• 1,838 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted November 17 2008 - 08:14 AM

Maybe the can get the name spelled correctly on the spine this time.

books   

#6 of 27 OFFLINE   David Rain

David Rain

Screenwriter

• 1,120 posts

Posted November 17 2008 - 06:46 PM

There are lots of great photos of the cast but for some reason nearly every official and PD release of this show has had either ugly or cheap-looking cover art. This third season set seems to be no exception. The "frame" is gaudy, the piles of money are unnecessary, poor Irene Ryan looks demented and what the heck is that building behind them ? Some kind of museum ? It doesn't look like the mansion. everyone has their own opinions but I think after the 3rd season, the show became quite hit or miss with regard to it's quality. There was FAR too much focus on Jethro which quickly got old. Give me more Granny & Mrs. Drysdale !
Turning the Beat Around at Our Cool New Pad

Retro Remixes

#7 of 27 OFFLINE   Carabimero

Carabimero

Screenwriter

• 1,838 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted November 17 2008 - 06:54 PM

The money being in front of the Clampetts is completelyt idiotic because it is the last thing they ever use in the show. The artwork, as the last poster and others have said is simply offensive to anyone with good taste. But as long as the shows look good and remain unaltered I will continue to buy certain CBS/Paramout DVD sets via used Amazon Marketplace sellers as these copies have already been bought by others and will not count again as a sale total in CBS's books. This is how I rationalize continuing to get certain shows from that company, that my purchase never shows up in their ledger.

books   

#8 of 27 ONLINE   The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Screenwriter

• 1,402 posts
  • LocationTruth or Consequences, New Mexico

Posted November 17 2008 - 11:05 PM

If you want to see the entire season 1, first, you'll buy volume 1, volume 2, a one shot disc with the '62 Christmas episode on it, and deal with the duplicate episodes when you buy the "Official" season 2. See, MPI arranged their discs so that about a dozen episodes of season 1 are on volume 2, with the remaining discs containing the PD season 2 episodes they had access to. Paramount decided to take the gamble of rereleasing those episodes on their release, with better quality prints, figuring people would double dip on those few season 2 episodes to get the ones they didn't have. Thankfully, it looks like they were right.

#9 of 27 OFFLINE   Doug^Ch

Doug^Ch

Second Unit

• 451 posts

Posted November 18 2008 - 12:32 AM

Boy!! There sure is a lot of negativity on this forum now. I for one am overjoyed that they are releasing the third season of this show so fast. The hell with the cover art - it is fine, and I for one don't think the show was ever hit or miss after the second season - to my taste was pretty much uniformly funny. I am a huge fan of what I feel was the funniest sitcom of all time, and am jumping for joy that it is on the fast track.

#10 of 27 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,868 posts

Posted November 18 2008 - 02:40 AM

Great news. Now I don't have to slow down my viewing of Season 2. Glad to see this come so soon. Keep em coming Paramount. It would be great to have all nine seasons by the end of 2010.
...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

#11 of 27 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,958 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted November 18 2008 - 03:37 AM

So how is the video quality of the eps on the Paramount releases? Better than the MPI, I hope. I think I may start collecting this show now, but it depends on the quality of the prints.

#12 of 27 OFFLINE   Doug^Ch

Doug^Ch

Second Unit

• 451 posts

Posted November 18 2008 - 07:20 AM

Show looks fantastic! Never better.

#13 of 27 OFFLINE   David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 984 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted November 18 2008 - 10:29 AM

It's absolutely fantastic!! There is only graininess in the commercials and such, but even then it's not bad at all.

The Bewitched History Book by David L. Pierce ties in the events of the 60s with each episode 
and breaks down each episode in depth along with rare trivia, photos, and reviews!

Available now at BearManorMedia.com and Amazon.com in both paperback and hardback!

Book%2Bcover%2Bsmallest.JPG

#14 of 27 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,958 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted November 18 2008 - 05:13 PM

Thanks guys. (Although my wallet is VERY angry with you right now! Posted Image )

#15 of 27 OFFLINE   Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis

Screenwriter

• 1,926 posts

Posted November 19 2008 - 12:39 AM

I agree that the covers could be better- there are color cast photos in existence from the B/W era including Aunt Pearl, Mr. Drysdale and Miss Hathaway. Why weren't they used? Hopefully we'll see the fourth season (with the first color episodes) out by next summer. On the other hand, why no news about further seasons of Petticoat Junction?
Bring "The continuing story of PEYTON PLACE" home on DVD: the one that started it all- from Dallas and Dynasty to Desperate Housewives and Gossip Girl!!! Starting this May, see the legendary saga starring Mia Farrow, Ryan O'Neal, Barbara Parkins, and Oscar-winner Dorothy Malone on DVD thru...

#16 of 27 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,868 posts

Posted November 19 2008 - 02:00 AM

Well since B.H. Season 2 was released in October and Petticoat Junction doesn't come out until December it is too early for an annoucement. If it follows the same schedule/pattern as B.H. then season 2 of Petticoat would be in April and the annoucement would not be due until January.
...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

#17 of 27 OFFLINE   AlanP

AlanP

Supporting Actor

• 818 posts

Posted November 19 2008 - 11:03 PM

I wish they would RE-RELEASE season one, with PARAMOUNT doing it. THAT WAS THE BEST SEASON in my opinion...... After season Three it became not as interesting. The first three seasons were the best. It lost something when Bea Benadaret left the series as cousin Pearl !! She was great with Jethrine !!!

#18 of 27 OFFLINE   chadHobbick

chadHobbick

Stunt Coordinator

• 147 posts

Posted November 20 2008 - 04:25 AM

I'm guessing we will get S1, Paramount version, either at later on down the line, or only in a complete box set after the remaining seasons are released. Remember this is CBS and they love to hold off on the special stuff for box sets only.

#19 of 27 OFFLINE   Carabimero

Carabimero

Screenwriter

• 1,838 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted November 20 2008 - 09:32 AM

Seems like I read something that CBS had no plans to do season one, but doing it for a complete set makes a lot of sense.

books   

#20 of 27 OFFLINE   DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 2,175 posts

Posted November 21 2008 - 04:47 PM

Heck,they could release edited syndication prints of s1 and they'd look alot better than the Public domian garbage!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users