Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Long Road Back, Glad to be Here

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 David Williams

David Williams

Screenwriter

• 2,290 posts

Posted November 16 2008 - 03:36 PM

hey gang!

I'm so glad to be back, but I can barely type now. I was in a horrible car accident on March 6, 2007 and I have bow recovered to the poiint where I can type with one finger. Before, I could type 60 wpm. Posted Image But, as I said beforem It's good to be back on the htf!

Can't wait to catch up on all the summer movies I missed... Thanks to Amazon I won't have to wait long!
"Only two things are infinite––the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe." ––Albert Einstein

#2 of 7 Steve Y

Steve Y

Supporting Actor

• 704 posts

Posted November 16 2008 - 03:52 PM

It's great that you are recovering from your accident, David. (As someone who types 90 wpm I can't imagine how such a thing would affect [at the very least] my online communication). Welcome back to the HTF, and glad to have you with us!

#3 of 7 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted November 16 2008 - 03:55 PM

I'm glad you're back and recovering, but sorry to hear about your accident. With a nearly two year recovery period, it must have been bad on the Stephen King level. It's strange how things happen in a poster's life and we only can notice their absence and wonder. I hope your recovery continues apace.

#4 of 7 Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,247 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted November 16 2008 - 04:07 PM

Welcome back, congratulations on your recovery thus far and best wishes on your continued progress!
One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#5 of 7 BrianW

BrianW

Screenwriter

• 2,552 posts

Posted November 16 2008 - 11:23 PM

Welcome back! I wondered about your absence, so it's good to hear from you. I'm incredibly heartened that you seem to be in good spirits. I hope your recovery is soon complete.

In addition to Amazon, have you considered Netflix? Catching up on a year's worth of movies would require a lot of storage space if you do it all through Amazon.

If there's anything you want to talk about, this is the place. (In particular, I'd be grateful for an update on the kittens, if you're up to it. Posted Image)
-Brian
Come, Rubidia. Let's blow this epoch.

#6 of 7 Michael_K_Sr

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter

• 1,335 posts
  • LocationChicago 'burbs

Posted November 17 2008 - 12:37 AM

Welcome back, David. Sometimes longtime members disappear unexpectedly leaving everyone else to hope that it wasn't for something life affecting. Glad to hear that you are on the mend. Posted Image

#7 of 7 ChristopherG

ChristopherG

Screenwriter

• 1,447 posts

Posted November 18 2008 - 02:22 AM

Welcome back Dave! I hope your recovery is 100%.

Best wishes,
Chris
It takes 52 pounds of pressure to rupture an eyeball... :blink: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users