What's new

Black Friday Deals ??? Whats the scoop (1 Viewer)

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi guys

I was at the HD3 Conference on Tuesday and the Best Buy rep stated they would be selling a $129 BD player.

What other screaming deals have you heard of ??

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
I heard on TV that WalMart will be selling a laptop for $227. I have not been able to confirm this.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
As usual, I have no expectation to get out of bed early (or probably even bother to go anywhere to fight crowds that day). :P You're probably better off trying to make a few fast bucks from the stock market craze while it lasts instead. ;) :D

_Man_

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
BFAds.com got the Best Buy ad but commented that it didn't have ANY special deals in it, so I didn't bother to look. They do some sort of "secret sale" specials in addition though.

The other day they said that BJs would be selling a Wii bundle with 3 games and 3 sets of controllers for $224(!!!), but today they said the price was really going to be $424.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This is the first year in almost a decade where I haven't seen anything I want that I would be willing to get up way early and get in line for stuff.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
This year, Black Friday could be called Bleak Friday given the economy right now. I am one of those statistics as far as unemployed and I can tell you that I won't be doing any shopping on that Friday.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

Same here. I'm pretty disappointed in not only what is being offered but also the price for the things that are listed. There just aren't any of those "wow! are you kidding me!" type deals this year.

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
"wow your kidding me?"

a 50" panel for $798

that is pretty screaming !! ??

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
It's not bad, but if it were 1080p it would be great! I based my expectations (maybe incorrectly so...) on the fact that you can get a Sharp 42" 1080p panel from Costco today for a dollar more ($799). More screen size vs more resolution. Six of one, half a dozen of the other type decision to be made there. But the fact that I can get it today is what puts a damper on me getting up early Friday morning.

But I will say that if BB does have a namebrand Blu-ray player, from someone like Samsung, for $129 I would be much more enthused.

Timothy J Wolfe

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
TimothyJackson Wolfe
Yah, this year the deals don't really seem that great yet. I am kind of glad I have spent the last three years camping out at either Best Buy, Circuit City or Staples from like 8pm until they opened and it does make for a long night. And last year it was not evan for anything I wanted but was for my little sister who was unable to camp out. So hopefully I will be in my bed this thanksgiving night.

RomanSohor

Second Unit

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
doesn't amazon usually have some good deals on black friday especially on dvd boxsets i remember getting some bargains last year

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I Always go to JCPenney to get the Snowglobe they Give Away when they first open. (I Collect the Little Buggers!) :D

This year doesn't look like it will be as spectacular as last year, when I picked up a 37-Inch HDTV for $400 along with a few TV Seasons on DVD and over 30 Movies!! (I'm not surprised, as usually when I have a Blowout one year the following year is a slow one!) This year I'll pick up a Few DVDs from Circuit City however, so there are a few bargains to get off on. It's also kind of fun just to watch all the People do things that any other time of the year they wouldn't do in their right mind!:D

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I'm thinking the after Christmas sales are going to be pretty good this year. There should be more merchandise to clear out this year than previous years.

William,You really have that many!!? That's amazing!

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
^^ Yes, I have that many! I have a good chance of passing the 8,000 mark by the beginning of the New Year!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
(Which will also mark the SECOND Anniversary of my discontinuing my subscription to Cable TV. I finally decided that the lack of Decent Shows along with the rediculous amount of Advertising made it no longer worth paying for.):frowning:

Guess what I use the Subscription Money on now!:D

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I was in Big Lots Saturday and bought the following:

Gattica SE DVD (widescreen and all). $3.
The Movies. PC game. $4.

Not real excited about Black Friday. Who needs it unless they will give this kind of stuff away for free. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks