What's new

Blue Man Group- How To Be A Megastar why no lossless track ? (1 Viewer)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Now from what I have seen on the artwork online it does not look like Blue Man Group: How To Be A Megastar is going to be offered in lossless audio. I could have sworn that this title was to get a DTS-HD Master Audio track? Hel it would have been great if it even had the Dolby True HD track at least. But to get a 1080p transfer and a Dolby Digital lossy track, what a rip off! :angry:

I was looking to pick up this title but if lossy Dolby Digital is the best they are going to offer on the Blu-ray, I say no sale!

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
The disc includes PCM 5.1 Surround, it just does not say it on the packaging, also a great sounding PCM 2.0 soundtrack, in addition to DD 5.1.

- Steve

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz

This is not the only title I have avoided because of Dolby Digital on Blu-ray. I have also avoided We Where Soldiers and a few others as do not like Dolby Digital. I have always not cared for DD tracks and yes for a DD track the dvd version of Blue Man Group was not to bad. I just do not feel that Dolby Digital should have been used for the Bluray if that was the main soundtrack by itself.

I would love to eventually replace every single Dolby Digital DVD's I have and eventually rotate those titles out of my library. I do however love my Bluray titles with Dolby True HD, DTS-HD and PCM.

But to be honest if Dolby Digital would have been the primary and only surround track on the title, I do not feel like I missed out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks