What's new

FIREFLY BD opinions? (1 Viewer)

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Bought it last night, haven't watched a full episode but sampled it.

Looked great to me and was impressed by the new 5.1 sound.

The supposed upconverted effect shots looked softer than the rest, but wasn't such a big change so it wasn't distracting.

Anyone else pick it up?

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member

Oh yeah! The new audio mix is astounding. As for the video... I just watched Serenity pt. 1, and 2 and was literally blown away. Picture quality is so far superior to the S-DVD. It's like watching it for the first time. Small details just pop out. Plus seeing Kaylee in HD is worth it alone
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Very impressed. Can't wait to watch the rest of it.
Come on Fox BRING ON BUFFY!!!!!

Edit: your right about the effects shots but no big deal, still looks great.

troy evans

Screenwriter
It is very rare that a Blu-ray tv series has impressed me. In fact, there have been only two. "Lost: season three" and now "Firefly: complete series". It truely is a night and day difference between the sd dvd and Blu version. I count the days until the "Serenity" film is on Blu.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I have it on order from Deep Discount. 40 bucks, hell yea i will get it! Might take a month to get it, cause its on backorder, along with everything else i got. But i am interested in what everyone thinks. I read the effects are the only real weak part of the Blu-ray release, only because they were not rendered in hi-def. Not a big deal, as long as the show proper looks good.

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter

But not unprecedented. "First Contact" is the title of an episode of Star Trek:TNG and, of course, was used for one of the films.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I plan to give this a rent before taking the plunge from DDD (or elsewhere for a good price) IF the SD-based FX rendering don't bother me. Never seen it before.

_Man_

Eric F

Screenwriter
It looks no better on BD than it does on UHD. It doesn't appear as if they put much (if any) effort into sprucing up the PQ. As for the sound, if only for the fact it's lossless it seems a bit better. Hard to tell if it's remixed or if they slapped it on as is.

Personally I don't think it's worth the $50+ considering it's only 13 episodes and the DVD set can be found for

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks