Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Sony BDV-IS1000 S-Air Problems

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 of 31 OFFLINE   MrTorch

MrTorch

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted June 08 2012 - 02:34 PM

I've had the DAV-HDX576WF system for years and couldn't figure it out. I thought it was a good system, but couldn't tell if it was because it kept unlinking. Your little tip works perfectly.

#22 of 31 OFFLINE   steveinglis

steveinglis

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted September 25 2012 - 11:47 PM

Guys I have a BD 1100 and S-AIR packed up when we moved to the new house and has not worked since. I removed every RF device in the house. No better. Repaired the connection about 30 times, still no good. I have now Synced them again with some Tinfoil added to the transmitter and set to channel C as opposed to A All now working great. Thank you Note check the little Red LED taht sits at the back of the Sub unit, it tells you if you have synced the units, but the front Green LED is not always telling the truth Enjoy

#23 of 31 OFFLINE   wannabeee

wannabeee

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted September 27 2012 - 10:36 PM

hi will -ive had the same problems in the past -a real headache -found the other day in moving my unit that by accident i changed the id on the unit by the rear speakers -so it wouldnt pair together -even had looked at it 3 times but just didnt pick up i had done it.also as in my previous post -i had to have my tv set to home cinema before it would all connect up -also you could try swapping the s-air units from one to the other -good luck and get to reading those manuals if you have them -they are pretty confusing mick

#24 of 31 OFFLINE   tomjv

tomjv

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted December 19 2012 - 07:49 PM

Ha! "FIXED" mine! The Short Story; Set DEC to "Pro-Logic" The Long Story; I had a green light, but no sound from the S-Air speakers. The earphone would work when plugged in. DROVE ME CRAZY! Finally, I thought I'd reprogram the sound levels, thinking it may jar the system. When reading about how to do this, I stumbled onto DEC setup(whatever that is). I set the DEC menu to Pro-Logic and voila! SOUND. DONE- TomJV

#25 of 31 OFFLINE   plugs

plugs

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted December 31 2012 - 03:27 PM

Hi guys, I too have a Sony S air system, bought at great expense 4 years ago, along with a Bravia TV, bass amplifier, multiple speakers... Etc. Nothing but trouble from day 1. After eventually(6weeks after purchase) getting it to work, almost the same time every year, the green light starts to flash, and no sound from S air unit. It goes back to Sony, £65 to repair, and works for another year! Something wrong here? I am going to try the tin foil idea, followed by the EZW-EC10 cable ....

#26 of 31 OFFLINE   Turtleboy

Turtleboy

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted January 05 2013 - 02:33 AM

You guys rock! Just joined to say Thank you. I wrapped the card on my receiver with foil and it works great. I also had the 2.4Ghz router and always though that was the problem. :cool:

#27 of 31 OFFLINE   Mike67

Mike67

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted September 06 2013 - 04:34 PM

Thanks! My s-air had worked fine until I had to change my DVR and ran new HDMI cable to the TV. I could not figure out why the surround sound and head phones would not work afterward. I wrapped the s-air unit in tin foil and it works again.

#28 of 31 OFFLINE   filipesa

filipesa

Auditioning

• 1 posts
  • LocationOporto, Portugal

Posted December 15 2013 - 07:47 AM

Hi!I'm writting from Portugal, so my english is not the best, sorry for that!I had the same problema with my BDV IT1000. The s-air receiver did not work. After testing a lot of possible configurations I think I solved the problem...I just connected the tv in a diferent "wall electrical conector"(!)!!!! I had no more problem with the SAir Receiver!In the same electrical cable I had the BDV, the TV, the Box of digital TV, the router, etc... Only change the TV conector I solved my problem, maybe some interferences...I hope I could help you!The BDV IT1000 (or IS1000) is absolutely fantastic!Try this and tell me if it works with yours BDV!Greetings from Portugal!

#29 of 31 OFFLINE   Type A

Type A

Supporting Actor

• 800 posts
  • LocationPortland Oregon

Posted December 15 2013 - 07:54 AM

I find it ironic your English is better than most Americans  :lol:   Welcome to the forum Filipe :)

JVC DLA-RS60U3D & DaLite High Power 106"
Paradigm Studio V.5 20 (5) & ADP590 (2)  
Hsu VTF-2 MK3 (2) & MBM-12 MK2 (2)

Yamaha RX-A3010 & Emotiva XPA5
Oppo BDP93 & Darbee DVP 5000

*My Home Theater Photo Journal*

#30 of 31 OFFLINE   michaeltrottar

michaeltrottar

Agent

• 47 posts

Posted December 30 2013 - 09:47 PM

The new transmitter rests away from the HDMI slots and now the program performs wonderfully. Wish that allows anyone who has experienced this issue.

#31 of 31 OFFLINE   JeKel

JeKel

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted August 24 2014 - 07:37 AM

THANK YOU ALL for your help. I also have had this issue for years, and have tried many of the knuckleheads at Sony to no avail.

Today I even referred them to the dialogue on this site, and they concluded they could not help me. I hung up and called back.

Fortunately, the thrid time today was the charm. I got a very helpful young woman named Grace and provided the part number listed on one of these posts ( Assy EZW-EC10). She determined that the proper part number is A1567858A. So now I await this thing in the mail. Until then, I tried the tin foil application mentioned on another post, and it worked!!! Sony should be paying you guys to be their Customer Service Dept, because aside from Grace, they suck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users