What's new

Reaper Season 2.... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Figured I would start a new thread for this great show. Has anyone heard when it will make its return?

Here is some upcoming info about the new season...

GENERAL, NOT EPISODE SPECIFIC:
- Season 2 will show more of the devil on his "home turf"
- Armie Hammer is joining the cast as Morgan, Sam's half bro. Although it would seem he's only concerned with spending time at the hottest clubs and dating super models, Morgan is secretly jealous of Sam, and has a darker agenda which will prove to be dangerous to Sam and the gang.
- Sock will have an Asian step-sister, played by Eriko Tamura
- Season 2 could start as early as October if 90210, Privileged, or The Game are cancelled
- though Sam's dad survived live burial last season, he'll keep Sam mourning a bit longer.
- By the end of the season, you will know more about his parents' deal with the Devil and what it all means.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
The TV Guide Ask Ausiello webpage mentioned the show returning March 17th.

:D

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
Definitely looking forward to Reaper's return. Best new show of the season for me last year. It'll be a late start, but maybe it'll run through the summer with around 20 eps, and then start up again in Sept with Season 3. It would run really well replacing Smallville and coming on right before Supernatural. That would be a really great alternate dimension cross-over. Imagine Sock and Dean Winchester trading insults and Sam the Reaper and Sam Winchester hunting down monsters/escaped souls together and using their psychic abilities. With the Devil making an occasional appearance to liven things up further. And I can just imagine Sock hitting on Ruby and telling Uriel what he could go do with himself! :laugh:

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Also, CW announced the show will run for 13 straight weeks - no repeats (they originally planned to air repeats).

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Reminder: premieres tonight!

"Episode 201: Episode IV: A New Hope" (TV-PG, DL) (HDTV)

THE DEVIL MADE ME DO IT Sam (Bret Harrison) returns from a road trip with Sock (Tyler Labine) and Ben (Rick Gonzalez) hoping to make things right with Andi (Missy Peregrym). However, when the guys return they discover they've been fired from the Work Bench and evicted from their apartment. With nowhere else to go, they head to Sock's house only to find a strange girl (Eriko Tamura) living there. Meanwhile, Andi refuses to talk to Sam and The Devil (Ray Wise) is back with a new assignment. Stephen Cragg directed the episode written by Craig DiGregorio (#201).

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Good to have the show back. And the writing was just as good. Hopefully, the ratings will be good. Just a fun show.

And how can you go wrong with the Karate Kid reference in the last scene. :D

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
The Karate Kid ending was classic stuff, as the Devil danced to "Your the Best" I laughed.

Though, not as much as Sock bouncing his new baby-sis off the bed..
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

The whole episode had some great moments.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I'm not quite sure I like the introduction of the sister character all that much, but we'll see where that goes. And I personally think it might've been more amusing had either his mother moved and this girl knew absolutely nothing about him, or if his mother had decided to rent his room out to a stranger or something in his absence.

Overall, funny episode though. It seems that Sam isn't thinking about how this guy apparently had to die to get away from the devil's control though, since he escaped from hell and all, I assume he had been dead.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
After the build-up of is Sam the spawn of Satan or isn't he all last season, I love the way it was dismissed (for the time being) with the Devil just being really really promiscuous and leaving a lot of bastard children scattered throughout time and the globe. Also like that he isn't spending the entire episode moping anymore.

The thing I'm most happy about is having Sock back, though. One of the best comedic characters on television.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
Amusingly, there was a good series of Karate Kid references on How I Met Your Mother this week too. Coincidence? Or merely Devil's play?
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
The whole thing with Sock's "sister" really creeped me out. Otherwise, great to have the gang back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks