-

Photo

The Star Wars Box sets releaed 11/4/08

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 John*Wells

John*Wells

Stunt Coordinator

• 170 posts

Posted November 10 2008 - 01:09 AM

Each one is supposed to have 6 discs in it. What is on the bonus discs? I was thinking of buying them but I Have almost all Star Wars related releases and unless theres something on it other than what is already there Im not spending the money

#2 of 11 cafink

cafink

Producer

• 3,034 posts

Posted November 10 2008 - 02:45 AM

I'm pretty sure both releases just contain the existing 2-disc sets. For the prequel trilogy, the second disc of each set contains the bulk of the supplemental material. For the original trilogy, the second disc of each set contains the original version of the film (in non-anamorphic widescreen), as opposed to the "special edition" present on disc one.

#3 of 11 Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,369 posts

Posted November 10 2008 - 06:07 AM

Why do they keep releasing the same stuff over and over? It's time for a definitive collection of the 6 movies. It's time for a blu-ray release, and they need to put deleted scenes for the original trilogy, TONS of new cast interviews, contemporary tv interviews from the 70s and 80s, maybe even the Star Wars Holiday Special...each movie is worth about 5 discs of material, I kid you not! Lucasfilms' archives must be sitting on a wealth of good footage--sfx tests, raw footage, screen tests for the stars, costume and makeup tests--there's just so much! The new discs could be as worthwhile and inclusive as the Lord of the Rings special edition dvd sets. This is what we really need--not just another go at the same stuff over and over...

#4 of 11 gushin

gushin

Stunt Coordinator

• 116 posts

Posted November 10 2008 - 06:18 AM

Is there any way to just get the outer box that holds the prequel trilogy? That's all I want.

#5 of 11 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,837 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted November 10 2008 - 08:33 AM

If they're going to do Blu-Ray, they have a lot of work to do (if they intend to do it right): fixing the color timing, the pink sabers, switched channels and other mix issues, etc. I won't even bother saying "prepping the original versions" any more.

#6 of 11 cafink

cafink

Producer

• 3,034 posts

Posted November 10 2008 - 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gushin
Is there any way to just get the outer box that holds the prequel trilogy? That's all I want.

Though the contents appear to be the same, the packaging is not. These new box sets do not simply contain the existing keep-case releases in a new cardboard slip-case.

I do not know exactly what the packaging is like, as I have not purchased either set, but from looking at it in the store, it's definitely too thin to have three normal-sized keepcases inside.

That's actually something I've been wondering about, myself. Can someone who has purchased either set describe exactly what the packaging is like?

#7 of 11 Scott Kriefall

Scott Kriefall

Second Unit

• 329 posts

Posted November 10 2008 - 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan Riley
Why do they keep releasing the same stuff over and over?

The get more product on the shelves (more orders from retailers).

#8 of 11 MielR

MielR

Supporting Actor

• 983 posts

Posted November 11 2008 - 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John*Wells
Each one is supposed to have 6 discs in it. What is on the bonus discs? I was thinking of buying them but I Have almost all Star Wars related releases and unless theres something on it other than what is already there Im not spending the money

There is already a thread on this subject:
http://www.hometheat....1-04-08-a.html

I'm still trying to find someone who's bought the OT set, to tell me if the 'bonus' discs are identical to the '06 discs.
SAVE STAR WARS! BOYCOTT THE BLU-RAYS! "Like" us here:

http://www.facebook....ycotttheblurays

#9 of 11 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,802 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted November 11 2008 - 10:21 AM

I'm sure you want to be 100% sure but I think you can be 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999% sure that it's the same disc. Posted Image If it wasn't, LFL would have mentioned it or word would be on the street.

#10 of 11 MielR

MielR

Supporting Actor

• 983 posts

Posted November 11 2008 - 10:47 AM

I just want to know if this new OT set has the Lego demos on the bonus discs like the '06 discs did. That wouldn't necessarily be cause for news.

I'm not for a second thinking that these contain anamorphic versions of the original films- I know better than that. Posted Image

I can't believe NOBODY here bought the OT set??!!

PLEASE don't make me go to theforce.net to ask---those people scare me! Posted Image

#11 of 11 MielR

MielR

Supporting Actor

• 983 posts

Posted November 11 2008 - 10:50 AM

I just want to know if this new OT set has the Lego demos on the bonus discs like the '06 discs did. That wouldn't necessarily be cause for news.

I'm not for a second thinking that these contain anamorphic versions of the original films- I know better than that. Posted Image

I can't believe NOBODY here bought the OT set??!!

PLEASE don't make me go to theforce.net to ask---those people scare me! Posted Image

Forum Nav Content I Follow