Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

In Search Of...

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#81 of 87 younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,225 posts

Posted January 13 2013 - 09:51 PM

I don't have this set as yet (but intend to in the near future - even though I have them all from various tv rebroadcasts) so I was curious about the Rod Serling narrated shows. From all reviews I've read so far, it mentions there are 2 Serling shows included, which of course would be "In Search Of Ancient Astronauts" and "In Search Of Ancient Mysteries". Just wondering, does "The Outer Space Connection" (which I assume is not included in this set as I haven't heard it mentioned) bare any connection (pardon the pun) to "In Search of..."?

Hi Patrick, I have the set and have watched majority if the episodes and love the show. The show gives a different opinion of events of the past. It would be nice to look at some of the events again using today's technology, i.e. computer simulations. The show could work well with events, like the following 1. Rise of the Taliban 2. Gas Fracking and its impact 3. Heat Waves 4. You could do episodes on dictators, like Assad (Syria) or Hussein (Iraq) or Eqypt (mubarek) 5. Palestine (PLO) 6. Plane Crashes 7. South Korea and North Korea (especially looking at the North and its threat) 8. Hawaii Islands (Transformations and possible sinking) 9. Bermunda Triangle (Re-visit) 10. Green Energy (It is impact on food chain) 11. Rise of Brazil as an economic power 12. China and its dynasties 13. Japan - Tsunamis 14. Atlantis (revisit) 15. Life in the Arctie 16. African Safaris 17. Tribes of Africa 18. Mars exploration 19. Life on Indian Reservation 20. Peru pyramids 21. Falkland Island War 22. Breakup of Yugoslavia 23. Is it communism dead (Cuba, China, North Korea, etc) 24. September 11, 2001 conspiracies 25. al-Qaeda 26. Afghanistan rebuilt 27. Role of CSI in solving crimes 28. Ferry disasters 29. Bridges/infrastructure marvels 30. English/French Tunnel I am sure there could be more, but gist is this show could be done again by looking at events from 1985 on as way to keep people's interest in history and events.

#82 of 87 Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,572 posts

Posted January 14 2013 - 06:30 AM

Hi Patrick, I have the set and have watched majority if the episodes and love the show. The show gives a different opinion of events of the past. It would be nice to look at some of the events again using today's technology, i.e. computer simulations. The show could work well with events, like the following 1. Rise of the Taliban 2. Gas Fracking and its impact 3. Heat Waves 4. You could do episodes on dictators, like Assad (Syria) or Hussein (Iraq) or Eqypt (mubarek) 5. Palestine (PLO) 6. Plane Crashes 7. South Korea and North Korea (especially looking at the North and its threat) 8. Hawaii Islands (Transformations and possible sinking) 9. Bermunda Triangle (Re-visit) 10. Green Energy (It is impact on food chain) 11. Rise of Brazil as an economic power 12. China and its dynasties 13. Japan - Tsunamis 14. Atlantis (revisit) 15. Life in the Arctie 16. African Safaris 17. Tribes of Africa 18. Mars exploration 19. Life on Indian Reservation 20. Peru pyramids 21. Falkland Island War 22. Breakup of Yugoslavia 23. Is it communism dead (Cuba, China, North Korea, etc) 24. September 11, 2001 conspiracies 25. al-Qaeda 26. Afghanistan rebuilt 27. Role of CSI in solving crimes 28. Ferry disasters 29. Bridges/infrastructure marvels 30. English/French Tunnel I am sure there could be more, but gist is this show could be done again by looking at events from 1985 on as way to keep people's interest in history and events.

Nice list Paul. I can just imagine the Nimoy narration with the creepy music score playing over some of those themes. With all the UFO stuff that has happened since the early 80's I'd imagine it would go a lot more in that direction also. On another note, I am currently watching the series and am really loving it. I have to slow down and savor it a little.

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

#83 of 87 Jeff Robertson

Jeff Robertson

Second Unit

• 453 posts

Posted March 11 2013 - 09:53 AM

So is purchasing directly from the VEI site the best option? Looks like it is going for around $87 US.

#84 of 87 younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,225 posts

Posted March 11 2013 - 09:56 AM

So is purchasing directly from the VEI site the best option? Looks like it is going for around $87 US.

You need to watch the shipping cost as VEI charges a very high shipping cost!

#85 of 87 Jeff Robertson

Jeff Robertson

Second Unit

• 453 posts

Posted March 11 2013 - 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by younger1968 

You need to watch the shipping cost as VEI charges a very high shipping cost!

I was wondering about that. I will have to see what the shipping comes to.

#86 of 87 younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,225 posts

Posted October 13 2013 - 06:54 PM

I have started to watch due to halloween coming up in three weeks. I decided to watch the Amityville episode with the Lutz family. I started doing more research and there are different theories on what really happen to the Lutz family. I am on the fence whether or not the Lutz events actually occurred.

There is a couple of very documentaries on Amityville and in some cases they have dispel the Lutz claim. It is sad that we may never find out the truth unless the kids speak out now as both the mom and the step father have now died.

I love the DB Cooper episode and many of the other episodes as they were intriguing!

Edited by younger1968, October 13 2013 - 06:54 PM.

#87 of 87 Mr. Handley

Mr. Handley

Stunt Coordinator

• 129 posts

Posted October 14 2013 - 07:49 AM

Just recently watched one of my favorites, the Anastasia episode.  Even though the eccentric Anna Anderson was finally proved NOT to be the famous duchess, it was still a very fun episode.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users