Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

In Search Of...

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#1 of 87 OFFLINE   Stephen Wight

Stephen Wight

Second Unit

• 479 posts

Posted November 05 2008 - 05:00 PM

Does anybody remember this show?I had vaguely heard about it,over the years,but,recently,managed to see part of an episode.The part I saw was about the Sasquatch and,from the small amout of it I saw,seemed more realistic than other similar programs that covered the same subject.Plus Leonard Nimoy's voiceover added a certain creepiness to it.If this were released,I'd buy it.It certainly couldn't do any worse than the Unsolved Mysteries themed discs,that were released.

#2 of 87 OFFLINE   SilverWook

SilverWook

Screenwriter

• 1,527 posts

Posted November 05 2008 - 05:34 PM

A staple of my 70's tv viewing. One of the ghost episodes gave me a nightmare or two! Posted Image

When it ran on A&E in the 90's, the opening and closing credits were redone, (with cheesy CGI) and the distinctive theme music was dropped. I would hope any DVD release would be as originally aired.

#3 of 87 OFFLINE   Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,685 posts

Posted November 05 2008 - 07:50 PM

And if it were released on dvd in season sets, I'd buy 10 copies at a time. Please Universal....please.

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

#4 of 87 OFFLINE   Jay Pennington

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter

• 1,189 posts

Posted November 06 2008 - 07:34 AM

existing thread:
http://www.hometheat....t=in search of
-Jay

#5 of 87 OFFLINE   BobSchneider

BobSchneider

Second Unit

• 421 posts

Posted November 06 2008 - 08:00 AM

Yeah it was a fun guilty pleasure to watch when I was in grade school , but I dont know how well it would hold up to day? Hmmm who knows it could be retro fun Like the man from uncle which I was surprise how much I like it especially S1, S2 and most of S4Posted Image
Q: Why do you care?

A: You'll never know.

#6 of 87 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,110 posts

Posted February 08 2012 - 11:49 AM

TVShowsOnDVD news article about In Search of...:

In Search of... - TVShowsOnDVD.com news article

#7 of 87 OFFLINE   Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,685 posts

Posted February 08 2012 - 01:12 PM

Wow. Talk about being blindsided by news for something I never thought I would see. I love this show, and I will absolutely be picking it up when its released! Best news for tv on dvd I have heard in a long, long time.

housekeeping 2.jpg

#8 of 87 OFFLINE   DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 1,995 posts

Posted February 08 2012 - 01:51 PM

Ok, so it's mentioned TWO episodes have not been cleared, one was mentioned as The Harvey Lee Oswald episode .... What is the other?

#9 of 87 OFFLINE   Dave Farley

Dave Farley

Second Unit

• 411 posts

Posted February 08 2012 - 03:44 PM

I'll definitely pick this up as soon as it's released. Hopefully they can get the clearances for the Oswald episode. I wonder what the other episode is? I loved watching this show as a kid. My sister and I never missed it. The subject matter was interesting enough, but Nimoy's narration made it even better. His narration was always powerful and interesting, even haunting at times.

#10 of 87 OFFLINE   MattPeriolat

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor

• 739 posts

Posted February 08 2012 - 04:48 PM

I'm sold, especially if they can clear all the episodes. AND the original opening titles with funky 70s music and the classic disclaimer are restored.

Maybe this will open the door for more classics like Unsolved Mysteries getting bigger releases.

So much TV... So little money! Please visit my blog at: http://tvhistoryondvd.blogspot.com/

#11 of 87 OFFLINE   Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,559 posts

Posted February 09 2012 - 02:46 AM

I hope the quality of the prints will be better than I most recently saw from A&E reruns.
See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

#12 of 87 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,110 posts

Posted February 09 2012 - 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by MattPeriolat 

I'm sold, especially if they can clear all the episodes. AND the original opening titles with funky 70s music and the classic disclaimer are restored.

Maybe this will open the door for more classics like Unsolved Mysteries getting bigger releases.

Definitely interested in this title, and hopefully it can lead to getting season sets of Unsolved Mysteries released.

#13 of 87 OFFLINE   JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 1,995 posts

Posted February 09 2012 - 04:52 AM

I am very excited to hear about this, although I am a little concerned about the price as it is coming from VEI, whose prices tend to be on the high side. For myself, the two indispensible aspects of the show are Nimoy's narration and the music. The music was wonderfully atmospheric and exiciting. The A&E version was really cold because of the replaced soundtrack. As for the zapruder film, if I had to choose, I would much rather see Nimoy back for updates than have that film included (if they are debating costs). It wouldn't bother me that much if the film was replaced with illustrations. It's not like this dvd set will be the only place to see it. Once this set does come out, a great marathon would consist of some of these episodes togeher with the Chariots of the Gods film, some Kolchak episodes, the Bigfoot episodes of the Bionic Woman series, and maybe the Project UFO debut if you have it. The world may be going down the tubes, but home entertainment has never been better.

#14 of 87 OFFLINE   Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,685 posts

Posted February 09 2012 - 05:34 AM

God bless the 70's and the MOOG synthisizer!

housekeeping 2.jpg

#15 of 87 OFFLINE   DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 1,995 posts

Posted February 09 2012 - 06:06 AM

God bless the 70's and the MOOG synthisizer!

YES! :)

#16 of 87 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,110 posts

Posted August 24 2012 - 08:59 AM

TVShowsOnDVD news article about In Search of...:

In Search of... - TVShowsOnDVD.com news article

#17 of 87 OFFLINE   Brian Himes

Brian Himes

Screenwriter

• 1,126 posts

Posted August 24 2012 - 09:21 AM

I'm in it. Loved this show. I hope all episodes have been cleared so this is an absolute complete collection. I also wonder if the three one hour shows from 73 (In Search of Ancient Astronauts) and 75 (In Search of Ancient Mysteries and The Outer Space Connection ) narrated by Rod Serling will be included as well? I guess we'll have to wait for a more comprehensive episode list.

#18 of 87 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,343 posts

Posted August 24 2012 - 06:21 PM

I'm in it. Loved this show. I hope all episodes have been cleared so this is an absolute complete collection. I also wonder if the three one hour shows from 73 (In Search of Ancient Astronauts) and 75 (In Search of Ancient Mysteries and The Outer Space Connection ) narrated by Rod Serling will be included as well? I guess we'll have to wait for a more comprehensive episode list.

This a great series, especially looking at events of earth's history. I love shows like this as they give you a different spin on what happen in history. I am fascinated to this day on the following 1. Pyramids 2. Bermuda Triangle 3. Atlantis 4. After life 5. Aliens/Space 6. DB Cooper 7. Big Foot I have pre-order my set and look forward to this show coming out!!

#19 of 87 OFFLINE   Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,685 posts

Posted August 25 2012 - 03:30 AM

YAYYYY!!! I'm all over this one. One of my favorite television shows ever. I can't believe this is actually coming out on dvd. Am I dreaming?

housekeeping 2.jpg

#20 of 87 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,343 posts

Posted August 26 2012 - 11:51 PM

YAYYYY!!! I'm all over this one. One of my favorite television shows ever. I can't believe this is actually coming out on dvd. Am I dreaming?

' I have in search of up there with unsolved mysteries. I love shows that look at issues and/or help solve mysteries.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users