-

Photo

Difficulties navigating New Releases on Amazon.com

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 Charles_Y

Charles_Y

Stunt Coordinator

• 226 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia suburbs

Posted November 02 2008 - 12:04 PM

I've noticed this quite often while checking the New Releases section on Amazon. I use Internet Explorer and it is dreadfully slow. I also use Firefox which is definitely better but load times are still ludicrous at times.

The problem I often have is when clicking from page to page, when I click on a title to read more about it, when I go back to the page on which it is listed I will often see titles that weren't there before. It is as though there is some "shuffle" feature in play, which would be patently ridiculous as one could never be sure if one has seen all titles for that date and hence miss one that is important. I don't know what the heck is up here. Any ideas?

It would be nice to have a alpha-title search but that is not possible I guess. The search tools are very poor and it is really sad that Amazon management doesn't care about their customer's concerns as I have complained in the past with the hope that updating their site might make it friendlier to long time Amazon Prime users but such is not the case.