What's new

Why are some sales people hard headed? (1 Viewer)

bpickell

Agent
Real Name
Brian
I went to BB the other day looking at camcorders. I only had two criteria that I wanted met.. It had to be Mac compatible out of the box without jumping through hoops, and it had to have a decent picture while filming indoors.

I don't think I was asking for too much. Well the salesperson immediately directed me to the Sony hard drive camcorders. And I stopped her right there and told her a little slower so she could understand that it Needed to be mac compatible. She says it's Mac compatible it's a Sony. I told her that the hard drive camcorders record in MPEG2 and not MPEG4.. Mac cannot decode MPEG2 and can only decode MPEG4. She then said it will do it. So I proceeded to say "hold that thought" I went out to my car and grabbed my macbook. Came back in and said prove it.

Well long story short she couldn't get it to work.

I then packed up my macbook and went to circuit city and was in and out in 5 minutes with a JVC miniDV. The salesman there seemed to know what he was talking about and actually listened to me.

Sorry for the wordy post.. I just had to vent my frustration with that store.. I hate going to BB, for that very reason.

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Hi Brian, give the girl a break.. BB sales staff are non-commission, and I'm sure many customers are far more informed about products than sales staff at most stores. It wouldn't be hard for me to make just about any BB associate look like an idiot if I began asking questions on speakers, televisions, projectors, receivers, or cabling, and easily corrected them on their lack of knowledge.

And who's to say the next sales person at Circuit City wouldn't be equally misinformed. Relax and enjoy your new camcorder.

Cheers,
Alon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks