What's new

Question for the Forum (1 Viewer)

Jacinto

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacinto
Does anybody here have discs for OS X 10.4 they'd be willing to part with? I'm moving into a new house this weekend, and will finally have space to set up a family computer so the kids don't have to use my work Mac Pro to browse the internet. I was going to use my old PowerMac G4, but its OS isn't new enough to download all of the newest flash players that many of the kid's sites are now using (NickJr.com for example). I'd love to be able to load 10.4 onto that machine so I can upgrade all of those web plug-ins for the kids. The processor speed and video card of the old G4 won't support 10.5, so 10.4 is my best option.

Are there any other options I'm not thinking of?

Thanks!

ErichH

Screenwriter
10.4 is perfect for G4s. Lots of disks on auction.
You might check any local MUG and see if there's a copy floating around for cheap. A retail copy is bullet proof.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
You might try some of the Mac mail-order retailers like Small Dog Electronics and Other World Computing, just in case they have some new copies left.

You could also try Amazon and eBay (but be careful about seller ratings!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks