Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Question for the Forum

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Jacinto

Jacinto

Second Unit

• 409 posts
  • LocationLittleton, Colorado

Posted October 29 2008 - 10:35 AM

Does anybody here have discs for OS X 10.4 they'd be willing to part with? I'm moving into a new house this weekend, and will finally have space to set up a family computer so the kids don't have to use my work Mac Pro to browse the internet. I was going to use my old PowerMac G4, but its OS isn't new enough to download all of the newest flash players that many of the kid's sites are now using (NickJr.com for example). I'd love to be able to load 10.4 onto that machine so I can upgrade all of those web plug-ins for the kids. The processor speed and video card of the old G4 won't support 10.5, so 10.4 is my best option.

Are there any other options I'm not thinking of?

Thanks!
Chachi Hernandez
Illustrator

#2 of 3 ErichH

ErichH

Screenwriter

• 1,167 posts

Posted October 30 2008 - 11:29 AM

10.4 is perfect for G4s. Lots of disks on auction.
You might check any local MUG and see if there's a copy floating around for cheap. A retail copy is bullet proof.

#3 of 3 Thomas Newton

Thomas Newton

Screenwriter

• 1,433 posts

Posted November 19 2008 - 05:33 PM

You might try some of the Mac mail-order retailers like Small Dog Electronics and Other World Computing, just in case they have some new copies left.

You could also try Amazon and eBay (but be careful about seller ratings!)