Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

'Catch-Up' titles - Released HD-DVDs that have yet to get a Blu-ray release (US Only)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
392 replies to this topic

#381 of 393 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,060 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted August 13 2013 - 12:17 PM

I'm waiting for The Pianist and The War, personally. I wouldn't be surprised to see Universal license the former to Criterion, though, so really it's the latter that has me wondering if it will ever happen.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#382 of 393 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,060 posts

Posted October 08 2013 - 11:24 AM

Removed due to release:

Monty Python's The Meaning of Life

Seed of Chucky

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#383 of 393 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,060 posts

Posted October 15 2013 - 10:53 AM

Removed due to release:

Notting Hill

#384 of 393 schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 12,794 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted October 15 2013 - 11:55 AM

I still have 7 of them in the originating thread. I bought Streets of Fire but it can't be removed yet from this list(and still have 30+ days before its release/mail)

Counting concerts I have 12. But of those 5 concerts haven't checked on them in ages.

#385 of 393 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,060 posts

Posted November 11 2013 - 11:48 AM

The Hurricane is getting a release via Universal on 1/7/14

#386 of 393 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,060 posts

Posted January 07 2014 - 10:54 AM

Removed due to release:

The Hurricane

#387 of 393 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,060 posts

Posted January 14 2014 - 11:07 AM

Removed due to release:

Cat People (1982)

#388 of 393 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,060 posts

Posted February 11 2014 - 10:19 AM

Mallrats is getting a release via Universal on 4/15/14

#389 of 393 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,060 posts

Posted February 24 2014 - 12:34 PM

Removed the following:

Cream: Royal Albert Hall - London May 2-3-5-6 2005 - released by Eagle Rock

#390 of 393 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,060 posts

Posted March 18 2014 - 07:50 AM

Universal is releasing the following on 6/3/14:

The Break-Up

You, Me and Dupree

Edited by Brandon Conway, March 18 2014 - 07:50 AM.

#391 of 393 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,060 posts

Posted April 17 2014 - 10:13 AM

Removed the following:

Mallrats

#392 of 393 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,060 posts

Posted June 09 2014 - 10:10 PM

Removed the following:

The Break-Up

You, Me & Dupree

Both released 6/3/14

#393 of 393 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,060 posts

Posted June 10 2014 - 10:23 AM

Universal is releasing the following on 9/2/14:

The Watcher

White Noise

Edited by Brandon Conway, June 10 2014 - 10:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users