Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

'Catch-Up' titles - Released HD-DVDs that have yet to get a Blu-ray release (US Only)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
407 replies to this topic

#361 of 408 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,560 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted February 26 2013 - 07:54 AM

Removed due to release today: Eagles: The Farewell 1 Tour - Live from Melbourne

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#362 of 408 OFFLINE   PaulDA

PaulDA

Screenwriter

• 2,589 posts
  • LocationSt. Hubert, Quebec, Canada

Posted February 26 2013 - 08:08 AM

Another one off my list of HD DVD exclusives. Only 6 left from my collection. Good to know if I need to replace any. To think, when this list was first put up, I had nearly 150 titles on it.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes time, and it annoys the pig.

#363 of 408 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,560 posts

Posted May 07 2013 - 10:12 AM

The following are scheduled for release on 7/9/13 from Universal:

The Jerk

Liar Liar

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#364 of 408 OFFLINE   Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• 3,200 posts
  • LocationWest Hollywood, CA

Posted May 07 2013 - 12:34 PM

Who do I have to kill to get Sneakers?
Yes, these strange things happen all the time - PT Anderson, Magnolia

#365 of 408 ONLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 25,822 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted May 07 2013 - 12:56 PM

Who do I have to kill to get Sneakers?

That's what I don't understand, they release Liar Liar again which was last released on BD in 2011, but ignore films like Sneakers.

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#366 of 408 OFFLINE   Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• 3,200 posts

Posted May 07 2013 - 01:55 PM

I have about 35 HD-DVDs, but Sneakers is the only one I really care about. I would probably put my player in the closet if I could get that on Blu. The other factor is that I've already had to replace my first HD-DVD player due to it failing and the new one is incredibly temperamental with my receiver for some reason, 90% of the time it doesn't pick up sound and I go through and change settings that are correct then change back sometimes it works. Everything else I care about I already have replaced or will the next time I have the urge to watch.Sneakers is the entire reason my HD-DVD player remains connected.

#367 of 408 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 15,707 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted May 07 2013 - 02:00 PM

I need to re-purge my HD-DVD collection as well. Last I cared to check for the BD version was almost 18 months ago. I don't have Sneakers, but I do have a few concert/music discs that I doubt have made the changeover.

When I left my prior employer, we had around 100 un-opened Tranformers that we couldn't give away if we tried. We also had a few titles in other file drawers...nothing I didn't already have.

Edited by schan1269, May 07 2013 - 02:03 PM.

#368 of 408 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,560 posts

Posted May 07 2013 - 02:22 PM

That's what I don't understand, they release Liar Liar again which was last released on BD in 2011, but ignore films like Sneakers.

I don't recall Liar Liar ever having a previous BD release...?

#369 of 408 OFFLINE   Noach Kowalski

Noach Kowalski

Stunt Coordinator

• 225 posts

Posted May 07 2013 - 02:24 PM

Sneakers is available on Blu in Germany and it's region free

http://www.amazon.de...6117d12e188afac

#370 of 408 ONLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 25,822 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted May 07 2013 - 02:26 PM

I don't recall Liar Liar ever having a previous BD release...?

It's available on Amazon, but it could be another region release as Amazon does that a lot with many titles.

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#371 of 408 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,560 posts

Posted May 07 2013 - 02:52 PM

Looks like it was released in the UK in 2011. This is the first US release.

#372 of 408 OFFLINE   Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• 3,200 posts

Posted May 07 2013 - 03:48 PM

Sneakers is available on Blu in Germany and it's region free

It comes out tomorrow actually, fun. Since Universal now has a Blu master of this, I'll give it 6 months to see if we get a domestic release, then if not that might be something I get, but I HATE non-US discs, its an irrational thing. I've only ever gotten 2 for things that either weren't going to come out here or were going to be a couple years wait.

#373 of 408 ONLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 25,822 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted May 09 2013 - 02:11 AM

It comes out tomorrow actually, fun.Since Universal now has a Blu master of this, I'll give it 6 months to see if we get a domestic release, then if not that might be something I get, but I HATE non-US discs, its an irrational thing. I've only ever gotten 2 for things that either weren't going to come out here or were going to be a couple years wait.

I just bought Sneakers BD from Amazon UK.  It's a region free release from Universal.  I bought four other BD titles that worked out to about $16 each.

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#374 of 408 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,560 posts

Posted May 30 2013 - 06:13 PM

The following is scheduled for release on 10/8/13 from Universal:

Monty Python's The Meaning of Life

#375 of 408 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,560 posts

Posted July 10 2013 - 10:01 PM

Removed due to release on 7/9:

The Jerk

Liar Liar

#376 of 408 OFFLINE   John Stell

John Stell

Supporting Actor

• 867 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted July 11 2013 - 10:25 AM

Seed of Chucky is coming to BR as part of The Complete Chucky Collection on 10/8/13.

http://www.amazon.co...lete chucky blu

"...you would not understand...You do not...have...daughters."

#377 of 408 OFFLINE   John Pannozzi

John Pannozzi

Stunt Coordinator

• 66 posts

Posted July 20 2013 - 06:58 PM

Scream Factory will be releasing Cat People (1982) on Blu-ray in 2014:

http://forum.dvdtalk...8-post1059.html

Warners: Please release the rest of Taz-Mania, Duck Dodgers, Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries, Dexter's Lab, Courage the Cowardly Dog, all of Road Rovers, Histeria, Cow & Chicken, Saturday Pants, Pinky Elmyra & The Brain, Tiny Toons Night Ghoulery & Spring Break specials, Wakko's Wish and a complete uncut Tex Avery set (with correct colors and NO DVNR)

#378 of 408 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,560 posts

Posted July 21 2013 - 09:09 PM

Thanks guys. Updated.

#379 of 408 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,560 posts

Posted August 13 2013 - 12:10 PM

The following is scheduled for release on 10/15/13 from Universal:

Notting Hill

#380 of 408 OFFLINE   Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• 3,200 posts

Posted August 13 2013 - 12:14 PM

Aargh! Where's Sneakers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users