What's new

No love for KUNG FU: THE LEGEND CONTINUES? (1 Viewer)

tanaleaf

Agent
Real Name
tanaleaf
While I am primarily a fan of the older, original KUNG FU TV series from the early 1970s, I will admit to its latter-day early-1990s sequel KUNG FU: THE LEGEND CONTINUES being at least a sort of "guilty pleasure" for me, as well.

I would think that at least a fairly sizeable number of fans of the earlier series (which has been released on DVD) would also embrace a DVD release of the latter series, which ran for four seasons (and which starred David Carradine, in a role which technically may not exactly have been a reprisal of his role as the original Kwai Chang Caine -- but might as well have been, being that his "grandson of the original" bore the same name and the same characteristics, albeit in a modern age).

If WALKER: TEXAS RANGER can be released on DVD, then why not the same era's KF:TLC?

BobSchneider

Second Unit
Im a huge fan of the original series bought all three seasons as soon as they came out. The second series was apart of the second wave of cheesily produced non union canadian syndicate shows, it was on for a I think three years. The premiss was silly, acting so so and the stories were poorly plotted and written. It had none of the magic and uniqueness of the original series, honestly I was shock it lasted as long as it did. It wasnt horrible but in was even really so so, it was just another cheesy non union canadian series and alway lived in the shadow of the original series. ;)

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
It lasted 4 years, not 3. And I and my wife watched every episode and loved it. So, each to his own.

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
I loved KF-TLC when it aired. It was good fun, just a way to kick back and relax for an hour on Saturday afternoon. I'd pick up the season sets as soon as they came out. I'm hoping that there is a large number of us who like the show so that it will see a release on dvd.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Count me in to wanting this show on dvd. Also, want the new version of the Untouchables that aired in the 1990's. It lasted 3 seasons and was very good.

heathjack

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Heath
I used to watch this show after i got out of School . i think sicif channel should show it. it does got some fantasy in it. I'm surpised its not on dvd. i got all three seasons of kung fu.

BobSchneider

Second Unit

Yeah I like the 90's version of the Untouchables it came out shortly after cosner movie. It was fun and did suffer from the god awful walter"the blackmailer" winchell's narration. For me KFTLC never was half as good as the orginal series. Yeah I would like to see the 90's untouchables in dvd .

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Bob,
Speaking of the Untouchables. I just attended the Chiller show in NJ last weekend. Where I met the actor William Forsythe. He played Al Capone on the show. He also was upset the show hasn't been released. My only hope is that they might release it when the original show finishes its releases. Also, their supposedly is an Untouchables movie coming out next year. And they may want to tie it into the movie.

Rob Mac

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rob
Sorry Bob
Kung Fu TLC was U.S. producers, shot in Canada and was a union production. As far as the cheese factor...I did see some on set occasionally.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks