Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Custom Simpson Season 11 inner DVD cases

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 OFFLINE   MattHR

MattHR

Screenwriter

• 1,513 posts

Posted October 21 2008 - 06:03 PM

I couldn't find any threads addressing this issue, but if one exists, the mods can move this post. I'm as sick-and-tired as the next collector when it comes to the continued use of crappy, gimmick packaging, but I've come to realize there's no way of stopping it. No matter how much we complain, the studios find even more ways to piss us off -- and it's almost as if it's on purpose! The Simpsons: Season 11 has got to be the worst packaging yet for a popular title from a major studio. I decided to make my own inner cases to replace the very awkward and disc-scratching cardboard "accordion". I made both a standard 4-disc Amaray and two double-thin case versions. They fit a bit snug at first, but after a few inserts-and removals, they look and feel as though they were original packaging. There's even just enough room for the extra-thick booklet along side/between the inner cases. If anyone wants to use them, here are the links to the uploaded print files (300 dpi jpg; approx. 1.4 mb each)... Standard-size Amaray (holds all 4 discs) swoopshare - simpsons_s11_dvd_amaray_300dpi_jpg.jpg Double-slim case #1 (holds discs 1 & 2) swoopshare - simpsons_s11_dvd_slim1_300dpi_jpg.jpg Double-slim case #2 (holds discs 3 & 4) swoopshare - simpsons_s11_dvd_slim2_300dpi_jpg.jpg
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 of 11 OFFLINE   Don Giro

Don Giro

Supporting Actor

• 822 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted October 21 2008 - 11:09 PM

Nice job, Matt. I wasn 't so worried about the gimmicky packaging once I saw that the"Krusty Kover" was removable, but the inner packaging, while pleasing to the eye, is a disaster. I was just thinking of replacing it with those Mylar sleeves, but maybe your way would be better.
When she embraces, your heart turns to stone
She comes at night, when you're all alone
And when she whispers, your blood shall run cold
You'd better hide before she finds you...

#3 of 11 OFFLINE   Football2009

Football2009

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted December 29 2008 - 09:25 AM

Do you have any tips for those wanting to make dvd covers? Any good tutorials, sources of logos, etc? Thanks.

#4 of 11 OFFLINE   Count Chocula!

Count Chocula!

Agent

• 34 posts

Posted December 29 2008 - 08:02 PM

Good work, they seem great!

#5 of 11 OFFLINE   Joe Isham

Joe Isham

Stunt Coordinator

• 70 posts

Posted January 09 2009 - 01:05 PM

Any chance you could post these elsewhere? I keep getting errors when I try to download from Swoopshare. Thanks!

#6 of 11 OFFLINE   Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,355 posts

Posted January 09 2009 - 02:14 PM

I took my Disks out of that Posted Image"Accordion"Posted Image and placed them in four Thin-Pack "Jewel Cases" that I normally use for my Home Video (Camcorder) DVDs. They fit in the Outer Case nicely!Posted Image

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes - 40,132    :biggrin:   ( 847 Series )  :B)  Movies - 2,538 :B)   Serial Chapters - 1,201 :B) Documentaries  500 :B)

#7 of 11 OFFLINE   Mr. Film

Mr. Film

Stunt Coordinator

• 152 posts

Posted January 10 2009 - 11:03 AM

I don't buy many TV shows because they don't have much replay value in them for me, so I have no clue what you are talking about with the case issue. So my question is, what's wrong with the case it came in?
"As soon as television became the only secondary way in which films were watched, films had to adhere to a pretty linear system, whereby you can drift off for ten minutes and go and answer the phone and not really lose your place."
-Christopher Nolan

#8 of 11 OFFLINE   dprevett

dprevett

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted January 24 2009 - 05:57 AM

I'd like to second Joe Isham's request - Swoopshare gives me the same error message. The double-slim covers in particular would be greatly appreciated...

#9 of 11 OFFLINE   Jay*W

Jay*W

Second Unit

• 331 posts

Posted November 02 2009 - 05:46 AM

Matt,

Sorry to bother you, but do you have any plans to create similar covers for Season 12?  I love what you did for Season 11!

Thanks,

Jay

#10 of 11 OFFLINE   Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,355 posts

Posted November 02 2009 - 06:25 AM

Recently I took ALL of my Simpson DVDs and placed them in Multi-Disk Cases from shop4tech.com. I did this to make more space for additional Series . The last Case has enough space for all the Season 12 Disks to fit in. All I have to do is wait for the price to drop to a reasonable amount!

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes - 40,132    :biggrin:   ( 847 Series )  :B)  Movies - 2,538 :B)   Serial Chapters - 1,201 :B) Documentaries  500 :B)

#11 of 11 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,446 posts

Posted November 02 2009 - 10:48 AM

As creative as the original cases are, we're up to season 12, with 20 on the way and presumably 13-19. That takes up a LOT of space in my shelving lol. I'm thinking I'll just tear all the dvds out of their boxes sometime in the future and put them in one of those binder-books--something that might take up like 1/10th the space of the physical dvd packaging. Same goes for Buffy, Dallas and a host of other long-run series that take up too damn much space in my house!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users