What's new

Sony XBR6 vs. W4100... please help me to decide (1 Viewer)

Buster_

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael
I've narrowed down my choices to KDL-46w4100 or the KDL-46XBR6. The two models seem quite similar, except for the price difference. My wife prefers the W due to the lower price (and doesn't see why the XBR6 is better), but I suspect that the XBR6 is slightly better all around. (Plus, I believe that the XBR6 has MP3 connectivity while the W4100 does not.)

I've checked and re-checked specs online, read this forum, read CNET, and gone to look at them in the store. I'm about ready to settle for the W, but I'm concerned that I might worry that I missed out on my chance for the XBR6.

Can anyone advise me why I would or wouldn't want to go with either model?

Gratefully!
Buster_

I am faced with the EXACT same situation.

I will not object to spending the additional 500 if it has a worth.

Please give me your opinion as well.

Karim Nogas

Stunt Coordinator
I've only had the 52XBR6 for a couple weeks but have already used the increased color space option during calibration with HD-DVE which isn't an option with the W series.

You can read more about Sony's color space technology here:
Sony Global - Technology - xvYCC

Beyond that, the CCFL backlight isn't a feature in the W series. I'm not sure if this is related to the "backlight" option that you can adjust in the picture settings, but I've found it useful to have that option as well.

I can't tell you if that warrants an XBR6 over a W but I have no regrets going with the XBR.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks