I have a Samsung 60 in 720p 1080i DLP and was wondering if Blu-ray DVDs would look vs a 1080p TV ?
- Signal system: NTSC color
- Power requirements: 120V AC, 60Hz
- Power consumption: 30W (standby: 0.8W)
- Operating temperature: 41°F (5°C) to 104°F (40°C)
- Operating humidity: Less than 80% (no condensation)
- Dimensions (width x height x depth): 17.2 x 2.8 x 13.9 inches (435 x 70 x 351mm)
- Audio output (Analog): RCA jack x 2 L/R: 2Vrms (output impedance: more than 1k.)
- Video output: RCA jack x 1 1Vp-p (75.)
- Component video output: RCA jack x 3 Y: 1Vp-p (75.) PB/CB: 700mVp-p (75.) PR/CR: 700mVp-p (75.)
- Audio output (Digital): RCA jack x 1 500mVp-p (75.)
- HDMI output: HDMI jack x 1 Video: 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, 1080p24 / Audio
- HDMI Deep Color
Deep Color reduces the posterization effect of the playback image.
- Full high-definition video playback
Watch movies in the highest picture quality available for your HDTV. This unit offers full high-definition video playback up to 1080p resolution for an amazing viewing experience. A highly detailed picture and increased sharpness delivers a more true-to-life picture.
- Upconvert DVD for enhanced picture quality
Your current DVD will look even better than before thanks to video upconversion. Upconversion will increase the resolution of standard definition DVD to high definition up to 1080p over an HDMI connection. The picture will be less jagged and more realistic for a near high-definition experience.
- Enjoy your content on different kinds of media
Full backwards compatibility with DVD, CD ensures that you can continue to enjoy your current audio-video collection. Additionally, you can view JPEG.
- Listen to the rich multi-channel surround sound
Multi-channel surround sound, which realizes real-to-life sound and makes you feel that you are really there.
- Easy and simple connection to your HDTV via HDMI
Connect this unit to your HDTV with one single HDMI (high definition multimedia interface) cable. It is recommended to use High Speed HDMI Cable for better compatibility. The high definition video output signal will be transferred to your HDTV without conversion to analogue signals, so you will get an excellent picture and sound quality, completely free from noise. Thanks to other multiple outputs, you can also easily connect to your home theater system or amplifier
Some BD-video have the PIP (picture-in-picture) function which enables you to display the secondary video in the primary video. You can call up the secondary video by pressing [PIP] whenever the scene contains the secondary video.
- Pop-up menu
Some BD-video have pop-up menu which is a navigation menu that can be called up and be operated on the TV screen without interrupting the playback. You can call up the pop-up menu by pressing [POP MENU / MENU]. Contents in the pop-up menu vary depending on the disc.
- Playing back the contents in SD Memory Card
You can play back JPEG stored in an SD Memory Card. You can store picture-in-picture commentary, subtitles or other extras for BD-ROM Profile 1 ver.1.1 files in an SD Memory Card and play back with the BD-video.