Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

JCVD

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Jon Paul Gottier

Jon Paul Gottier

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted October 14 2008 - 02:11 PM

I got the treat of going to the Toronto Film Fest, and the best film I got to see was at the Midnight Madness opening night and the film presented the rebirth of guess who, Jean-frickin'-Van Damme. It was ridiculous. The audience was so into the film; it was a riot.

I don't want to ruin the treats, the real nuggets of the film, but expect the first five minutes to be a ride. And don't be surprised to cry by the end of the film. No joke. His acting is... well, superb, astonishing. For once, you're not laughing at Van Damme, but with him. This was a very unlikely favorite of the year.

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Executive Producer

• 10,049 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted October 15 2008 - 09:34 AM

I'm eagerly awaiting this. I recently watched a bunch of his direct to vid stuff, and he really is a more then decent enough actor. IN HELL was pretty great.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Miles

Miles

Second Unit

• 284 posts

Posted April 29 2009 - 12:15 AM

I saw this last night and agree that JCVD acting was superb and the movie contains some moments that brought me close to tears for it's honesty. Please give it a whirl if you get a chance.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Diallo B

Diallo B

Screenwriter

• 1,076 posts

Posted April 29 2009 - 09:42 AM

thanks,

i been seeing this on the wall at blockbuster. i will give it a spin.
listen with your own ears...
watch with your own eyes...
make your own decision.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted April 30 2009 - 11:02 AM

I've never had anything against Van Dam and really enjoy some of his films, two of my favorites being Sudden Death and Kick Boxer, and am remarkably curious about this.
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   George_W_K

George_W_K

Screenwriter

• 1,467 posts

Posted April 30 2009 - 12:31 PM

I rented this a couple of weeks ago and the film was interesting. I thought it was strange that Van Damme didn't dub himself during the French speaking parts, it was strange hearing another voice for him.