Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

5.0 B&W Speakers for $3K

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   tls36

tls36

Agent

• 39 posts

Posted October 14 2008 - 05:01 AM

Have a super Velodyne Servo F1500 but looking for L, C, R left rear and right rear speakers as my old Polks are dated. What models would be good in B&W for $3K for everything?? Any input appreciated. I am using a projector so shielding is not an issue.Posted Image Posted Image

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   David Willow

David Willow

Babbling Idiot

• 2,229 posts
  • LocationMechanicsburg, PA

Posted October 14 2008 - 01:03 PM

For 3k you can get the 683's and the matching center and surrounds. The 700 series may come close to 3k as well. I personally preferred the 683's. BTW - I ended up going with Axiom. I liked the B&W as well, but the cost difference allowed me to upgrade other components...

I’m training to run a marathon for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, to raise life-saving funds to help those fighting blood cancers. Please help! See details and donation link here.

Dolby and DTS Plaques (downloads)
Audyssey Setup Guide

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   tls36

tls36

Agent

• 39 posts

Posted October 15 2008 - 04:39 AM

I will have to check that out. Are your surrounds bi-polar? Geez, that reminds me of an old girlfriend, LOL...................

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   David Willow

David Willow

Babbling Idiot

• 2,229 posts
  • LocationMechanicsburg, PA

Posted October 15 2008 - 04:45 AM

Not exactly... They are "different". Check them out on Axiom's website - loudspeakers,home theater speakers,stereo speakers - AxiomAudio. I have the QS8's.

The one factor that almost made me go with the B&W's was the surrounds. I really liked the idea of having a switch to change from bi-pole to direct. I decided to demo the Axiom's and ultimately decided to keep them.

I’m training to run a marathon for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, to raise life-saving funds to help those fighting blood cancers. Please help! See details and donation link here.

Dolby and DTS Plaques (downloads)
Audyssey Setup Guide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users