Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Hitchcock on Blu-ray?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#181 of 184 OFFLINE   montrealfilmguy

montrealfilmguy

Supporting Actor

• 541 posts

Posted May 01 2011 - 12:55 PM

well,i just read yet another article about the so-called inevitable demise of blu-ray and the only thing i can think of is to once again quote the most famous three words ever spoken from Hollywood. Nobody knows anything Again ,what i said before if you remove all the docs,the making-of's,and the nice hour long program where Scorsese and others drool over Psycho,revealing fascinating details on what to look for, then i say you're missing out on a lot And maybe Spielberg will finally have commentaries and let go of that philosophy about letting the films "speak for themselves " I'm even willing to listen about 1941. sorry 'bout hijacking.

#182 of 184 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted May 01 2011 - 01:58 PM

So, should I order the UK Psycho? I have the U.S. version but it doesn't have lossless mono. I'm still unsure of whether or not it would make a difference.

#183 of 184 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 26,193 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted May 01 2011 - 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by eric scott richard 

So, should I order the UK Psycho? I have the U.S. version but it doesn't have lossless mono. I'm still unsure of whether or not it would make a difference.

I bought the UK version first because I wanted the BRD much earlier than the US release and not because of the lossless mono.  I ended up with both releases because somebody bought me the US version for a Xmas gift.  IMO, the differences in the audio doesn't justify the purchase of both, unless money spent isn't a concern.

Crawdaddy

#184 of 184 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted May 01 2011 - 03:06 PM

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users