What's new

Sleeping Beauty BD-Live Login (1 Viewer)

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Is anyone else having problems registering for a Disney BD-Live account?

I have a Disney Online account, which I can login to, and when registering for a BD-Live account, it asks you for your Disney Online login account info if you have one. But when I do, it tells me that my email address, username, and password are incorrect.

If I create an account from scratch, it tells me that my e-mail address already exists.

Also, whoever designed this utility must be blind, as I find it difficult to complete an online form with grey text on a powder blue backgound.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
After wasting 10-15 minutes downloading the update, I spent another 15-20 minutes trying to set up an account. In frustration, I finally bailed on the whole thing. I have NEVER seen such a tedious, convoluted and INVASIVE setup process just to get some additional content that all things considered, probably should have come on the discs in the first place.

I have a feeling that BD Live will quickly go the way of all that bonus "DVD-ROM content" that we had back in the early days of DVD...

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
It was a disaster from start to finish although I finally got set up after almost half an hour of running back and forth to the television and the website. They tell you you can set up on the web but I saw no indication of anywhere to do so using the web link they provided. Glad to see I'm not quite as dim as I was thinking.

Once I got on there was virtually NO content I had the slightest interest in viewing.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
They're obviously having some issues out of the gate.

My experience from last week: I'm already set up with Disney Movie Rewards so after I put in my email the rest of my info was already in there. The problem I had was with the age verification. Neither the SS nor the Driver's License methods worked. The email method did work.

I don't have a computer at home so I had to shut down the disc and fire up the PS3 browser to go check the email. In the email I clicked a button that brought up a screen that the PS3 couldn't really handle (Flash?). I was afraid it wasn't going to work but when I loaded BDLive back up I was in.

Last I checked (Fri) there was lots of stuff that still wasn't live. I'll reserve judgment for now and give them some time to get their act together.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i cant get any of the logins to work or the registration .
when i put my login it says bad email or password.

then when i go to send me password it says the member name doesnt exist.

but when going to that link in the a couple of posts ago all my info is there but is says i need to use a real email address??

also the link to remember your member name tells you to input your member name??

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Same problem here guys.

The complication is that disney wants to avoid issues of liability with child predation by doing the age verification and password thing to use their "chat" bd live feature.

IMO, it would be better to just let people use the regular BD live stuff without any sort of login, and then ONLY do the age-verification/sign-in/register stuff for things that matter like the chat feature.

maybe future discs will take that route. It's WAY too much effort to force consumers through these hoops to just play some game. And if we techies can't figure it out and don't have the patience... no one else will!

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
It appears that the only way to access the BD-Live features is to create a new login from scratch. It will not accept existing logins.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
When I first head about BD-Live, I though that possessing the BD would get you access to the internet content. Is this going to be typical, each studio requring a login? That would suck, big time.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin

So far, Disney is the only studio I know of that requires a login to access the BD-Live content, and to use your PC to create the account.

Sony only asks you to login to register the disc, but it is not required to access the content. Sony also allows you to create a login account from the BD-Live portal.

Paramount doesn't require anything, so far, to access their content, on both Transformers and IronMan.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill

Nope, I registered online for Disney Rewards some time ago, and was able to use that login to access BD-Live.

It took time to make it work, but it did.

- Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks