What's new

V - Season 1 (1 Viewer)

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
Greg_S_H wrote (post #1):

Ah, "back to the past" with more endless rehash.

When will they learn?

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
I thought creator Kenneth Johnson was working on a sequel or something?

Would have been interesting to revisit those characters had they been fighting the lizards all these years...

WillG

Senior HTF Member

In a way I do.

"the new V will still focus on what happens when "the masses have blind faith in their leaders"."

To me, this almost certainly translates into "Indictment of the Bush administration"

Politics aside, there has been plenty of thay from Hollywood.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Kenneth Johnson, the creator of V has said, ignore the rumour of a tv version.He is tring to get V remade as a theatrical big budget film !!!!It says so on his website.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

Well the original was an allegory on the Holocaust if I remember it correctly

Albert_M

Supporting Actor

Well if reality did not provide such inspiration then there would be less wouldn't there.....? The allegory is part of its depth. Such contemporary issues in science fiction are hardly new.

In any case I would love to see V back.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

This is true. And certainly Hollywood has presented plenty about the Holocaust. However, the Holocause happend appox. half a century before "V"
was made. And "V" was clever at the time for putting a sci-fi twist on the allegory.

Assuming this new project (whatever it turns out to be) does take a theme similar to what it sound like to me, I just think that Bush allegories are just done to death at this point and he's not even out of office yet. And it seems to me that people still think they are being clever by doing it.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

Well people putting blind faith in their leaders is hardly a new theme and could apply to one of numerous inspirations, the fact you are tieing it into what your tieing it into is telling enough.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I see this has been brought up.

I just discovered this news today on a Star Trek site. There is a new series and it has begun production.

I know very little of it. I did see the original in the 80's during that great time of glut of Sci-fi shows! Good fun.

All I know is that Elizabeth Mitchell is in one of the lead roles. She'll share time with Lost reprising her role of Juliet as well.

One of the producers has given an interview and discussed how this will be a new spin. He also talked about possibly having some of the original cast back to pay homage to the original and give back to the fans. Of course, Jane Badler got most of the attention in that regard.

As an allegory, this would be a logical take. If it's straight forward sci-fi action fare, I don't see it succeeding. It premieres in November.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/08/v-producer-on-who-might-r.php

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I've seen the extended trailer/preview, and I think it looks highly-watchable, and I will definitely tune in.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
They've released the first 9 minutes on Hulu this weekend:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/104096/v-a-first-look-at-v

Good setup. God, finding this thread is a mess, using the search function, it presented me with tons of threads 8+ years old before I finally found this one.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't believe I would have just called the thread V without something like "V remake in the works," so the title has either been altered or it's because it was done back when we had a usable search engine.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Apparently the visitors are bringing us a new high resolution, large surface area display technology. :)

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
Good opening segment. I am so glad that they brought this back. If the writing is relatively intelligent, this has incredible potential.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I guess one could place a new context on that description with what has been going on in the past year. However, I would be very surprised if you're going to see much of anything out of Hollywood that would potentially be critical of a certain President.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks