Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Conan The Destroyer On Region 1 DVD?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Krister_

Krister_

Stunt Coordinator

• 152 posts

Posted October 10 2008 - 07:08 AM

Hi guys, I really need your help now since I am thikning of buying Conan The Destroyer on Region 1. I wonder if it is in 2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen? I was reading that it is in Letterboxed on Amazon but I hope so much that it is in Anamorphic Widescreen so please help me with this one guys Many thanks, Krister
Sincerely/Krister

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie

• 4,308 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted October 10 2008 - 07:12 AM

Conan the Destroyer is only available in non-anamorphic, regardless of whether you buy the single disc or the Conan Franchise Collection 2-pack.
"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   TheBat

TheBat

Producer

• 3,070 posts

Posted October 10 2008 - 07:36 AM

the region 1 edition of conan the destroyer is not enhanced for widescreen. however the region 2 and 4 is.
this version is enhanced for widescreen and is not edited. this version includes commentary with the director and a couple of the cast members.
Amazon.co.uk: Conan the Destroyer [1984]: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Grace Jones, Wilt Chamberlain, Mako, Tracey Walter, Sarah Douglas, Olivia d'Abo, Pat Roach, Jeff Corey, Sven-Ole Thorsen, Bruce Fleischer, Ferdy Mayne, Angel Ashley, André the Giant, Ma

this version is also enhanced for widescreen and is edited for a bit. this version includes acommentary track with sarah douglas (queen taramis)
Amazon.co.uk: Conan The Destroyer (Collector's Edition) [1984]: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sarah Douglas, Olivia D'Abo, Grace Jones, Mako, Pat Roach, Tracey Walter: DVD

HBO and cinemax HD on direct tv have shown Conan the destroyer in HD. its not formated at 2.35. it fills up the whole screen, but it is in HD.

Jacob

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Krister_

Krister_

Stunt Coordinator

• 152 posts

Posted October 10 2008 - 07:45 AM

Thanks so much for your help guys I really appreciated it Posted Image
Sincerely/Krister

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   TheBat

TheBat

Producer

• 3,070 posts