What's new

DVD Review HTF DVD REVIEW: 30 Rock: Season 2 - Recommended (1 Viewer)

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member

30 ROCK
SEASON 2

Studio: Universal
Original Broadcast: 2007-2008
Length: 5 hours 20 mins
Genre: Backstage Comedy

Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
Color/B&W: Color

Audio:
  • English Dolby Digital 5.1
  • English Dolby Digital 2.0

Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish

Rating: Unrated (TV-safe innuendos and language)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Would have liked to have seen a Blu-Ray release, but I got mine yesterday just the same. A shortened season due to the strike, but this season has some great episodes. Best show on TV, IMO.

I found the package a bit strange - the disc trays are huge for only two discs. But I guess that's to make it the same size as future (full season) releases. Also, is it usual for 10 episodes to be on one disc? Seems like a lot.

Looking forward to getting into this one, and to the new season Oct. 30.

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Sam, I think they could fit all 10 eps in because they're only about 20 minutes long each, and the only special features on the first disc were the audio commentaries. It's roughly the equivalent of 5 full episodes of an hourlong series, and some of the shows I've seen will pack 5 eps per disc.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
What happened to the actual review? I just got this (cheap from BF sales) and was also concerned about the number of episodes jammed on a disc. Wanted to see what others thought of the PQ, which is definitely inferior to S1. Not to mention some odd color.* Oh well, it was cheap. And short, I forgot about the writers' strike at the time. Ummm...they sure missed those writers IMO, but not bad, just not as good...

* Edit: also compared to the generally excellent-looking The Office DVDs from the same outfit, which has far less content per DVD. So I have to say 10 of ~21min. episodes per disc is too much...3.5 hours even on a dual-layer disc (if it is, I forget) is just not going to look good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks