Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

WHV Press Release: The All-New SuperFriends Hour Season One Volume Two

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,697 posts

Posted October 08 2008 - 04:49 AM

Posted Image

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Tim Tucker

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter

• 1,023 posts

Posted October 08 2008 - 05:58 AM

Finally! I've been waiting for this season to be completed. Hope this means that the 1974 Super Friends is on its way next.
BARBARA WRIGHT: You're from Earth?
MORTON DILL: No... no, ma'am, I... I'm from Alabama.
Doctor Who: Flight Through Eternity

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 10,421 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted October 08 2008 - 10:11 AM

I haven't watched the first vol yet, so this is great, I can binge and watch them all! "The Wonder Twins Phenomenon" Kinda over selling these two no? They are painfully bad. I mean, dude turns into a bucket of water 90% of the time, and the chick has to turn into an eagle to carry his useless ass.

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis

Screenwriter

• 1,924 posts

Posted October 09 2008 - 12:31 AM

OK, but I want the original SuperFriends!!! Does anyone know if it's on the horizon? The fact that so many subsequent seasons have been released before the first is inexcusable!
Bring "The continuing story of PEYTON PLACE" home on DVD: the one that started it all- from Dallas and Dynasty to Desperate Housewives and Gossip Girl!!! Starting this May, see the legendary saga starring Mia Farrow, Ryan O'Neal, Barbara Parkins, and Oscar-winner Dorothy Malone on DVD thru...

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted October 09 2008 - 01:50 AM

The 1973 Super Friends series with Wendy, Marv and Wonderdog? No word yet. But Warner has said that everything will get released sooner or later, a point I believe they repeated in their HTF chat a few weeks ago.

Without me going to look and verify (and I'm not wide awake yet today, so I may be off in saying this), I believe that now it's down to that 1973 show, and the 1980 Super Friends Hour (or whichever of the various titles that it got called by) episodes, isn't it?

I think everything else among the various Super Friends incarnations are either out, or mostly out. Right? All the Wonder-Twins eps will be out with this next release, I think. All the Legion of Doom eps are out. All the Super Powers and Galactic Guardians eps are out. Right? Am I missing anything in my current sleepy state? Posted Image
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 5,024 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted October 09 2008 - 04:18 AM

The fact Warner has been diligent over the last couple of years in releasing all manner of DC Heroes product means nothing to you, does it? I'm not trying to be argumentative, but there is no concrete rule which says how TV on DVD needs to be released. Law and Order isn't done in chronological order, for instance. The point: we ARE getting the releases, even if Warner knows they're not going to sell like gangbusters. They are usually of high quality and at least one featurette as an extra. So lets give WB a little bit of a break and be patient with their release schedule. I have every confidence that we'll get everything in the not too distant future.

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Curt*K

Curt*K

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted October 09 2008 - 10:43 AM

David You only missed the Worlds Greatest Superfriends in your reply besides the 1980-1984 episodes and the 1973 episodes you already mentioned Curt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users