• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 of 18 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Advanced Member

• 37,377 posts

Posted October 06 2008 - 08:37 AM

More Backstabbing, Lies and Betrayal as the Saga Continues…

DALLAS:
The Complete Tenth Season

Featuring All 29 Episodes in a Three Disc Collector’s Set

Available on DVD January 13, 2009 from
Warner Home Video

BURBANK, CA (October 6, 2008) – One of the longest running and most-watched television shows in history is back for its 10th season on DVD when Warner Home Video debuts Dallas: The Complete Tenth Season on January 13, 2009. In the most anticipated season of Dallas yet, Bobby Ewing is back from the dead! With Season 9 all but a nightmare dreamt up by Pamela Ewing, it is anybody’s guess what is in store for Dallas: The Complete Tenth Season. Running for 14 highly rated seasons, Dallas is a fan’s delight with all the twists and turns that make up this hot Texas drama. The three disc special DVD collector’s set features all 29 episodes and is priced to own at $39.98 SRP.

The Emmy® nominated series stars Larry Hagman (“I Dream of Jeannie”), Linda Gray (“Melrose Place”), Victoria Principal (Earthquake) and Barbara Bel Geddes (Vertigo) along with Patrick Duffy (“The Bold and the Beautiful”), Susan Howard (“Petrocelli”), Steve Kanaly (“All My Children”), Howard Keel (Seven Brides for Seven Brothers), Ken Kercheval (“Diagnosis Murder”), Dack Rambo (“All My Children”) and Priscilla Beaulieu Presley.

The Dallas folks celebrate a decade of backstabbing, lies, greed and lust with a Season 10 that sizzles with intrigue. To start, J.R. spreads his brand of poison far from Big D, throwing big bucks at a twisted mercenary eager to blow up Saudi oil fields. The Feds get wind of the plot -- they lean on J.R. until he sings like a Texas mockingbird -- and the mercenary decides the world would be a better place without J.R. And there’s another troublemaker making life interesting in Texas: a leather-tough, white-haired ranch hand. He has Jock’s letters, belt buckle, knife…and memories. Could it be Jock survived that years-ago ’copter crash? Is there even more underhanded, over-the-top fun in Season 10? Bet your cowboy boots there is!

Dallas premiered in 1978 and soon became an international phenomenon, airing in over 130 countries around the globe. People the world over are still watching Dallas on cable as the series continues to find a whole new generation of viewers. Over its 14 seasons Dallas garnered 17 Emmy® nominations and four wins, 14 Golden Globe® nominations and one win, and was the #1 or #2 rated network series for five consecutive seasons. Seasons 1 through 9 are currently available on DVD.

BASICS
$39.98 SRP
Street Date: January 13, 2009
Language: English
Subtitles: English SDH
Run Time: 1,450 min

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 18 Southpaw

Southpaw

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted October 08 2008 - 10:58 AM

Looks like no extras on this one. Uggghhhhh!
Not that the other seasons were loaded or anything but they could have thrown a couple commentaries together or something similar just to say it has SOMETHING.

#3 of 18 Haden

Haden

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted October 08 2008 - 11:59 AM

Yeah, it's disappointing that there's no extras, but at this point I'm just glad we're still getting season set releases for Dallas. I was worried for awhile, but now it seems pretty likely that they'll finish out the rest of the series. And then the TV movies!

#4 of 18 MatthewA

MatthewA

Advanced Member

• 5,797 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted October 08 2008 - 12:00 PM

I'm more concerned about how it will look with 10 episodes a disc. It won't be pretty, considering this is the year of the switch to tape-based post production.

Not that the previous seasons hit home-runs transfer-wise to begin with.

#5 of 18 Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted October 14 2008 - 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewA
I'm more concerned about how it will look with 10 episodes a disc. It won't be pretty, considering this is the year of the switch to tape-based post production.

Well they will be dual-sided discs, so your talking 5 episodes per disc really. They have put 5 episodes per disc on many of the seasons here n there. So i am sure the quality will be on par with past releases.

#6 of 18 DALLAS Guy

DALLAS Guy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted October 15 2008 - 11:03 PM

I've read on the official DALLAS forum that DALLAS TENTH SEASON will be released in the UK on January 19, 2009, and that Warner Home Video UK is planning to release DALLAS ELEVENTH SEASON in August 2009 and DALLAS TWELFTH SEASON in October 2009.

I would expect that Warner Home Video USA will release Seasons 11 and 12 in those months in the USA too. It was expected that WHV would rush release the later seasons of the show.

#7 of 18 DALLAS Guy

DALLAS Guy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted October 18 2008 - 03:22 AM

The official DALLAS website has now confirmed the following:

"Dallas the complete 10th season is released in the US and Canada on January 13th 2009 & January 19, 2009 for UK and Ireland.

Warner Brothers have also announced they plan to release the Complete Eleventh Season in August 2009 and Season Twelve in October 2009. The final two seasons will be released in 2010 along with the three Dallas TV movies."

Great news for DALLAS fans! Posted Image

#8 of 18 MatthewA

MatthewA

Advanced Member

• 5,797 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted October 18 2008 - 08:10 AM

That's great news. I'm especially looking forward to finally seeing Dallas: The Early Years.

#9 of 18 Haden

Haden

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted October 19 2008 - 04:00 PM

I wonder if they plan to release the three tv movies seperately, or together in a set like the season sets.

#10 of 18 Craig Byrne

Craig Byrne

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted October 19 2008 - 09:56 PM

I'm very glad that WHV plans to release the full series, although I worry about the sales on the much later seasons. From all I've read, the series really dropped off after Victoria Principal left, and got even worse when Linda Gray departed. Is there enough of a market for them?

I know I'll buy them at least....

Very glad that the movies are coming out. I've always wanted The Early Years and J.R. Returns is one of my favorite "reunion movies" of all time.

#11 of 18 DALLAS Guy

DALLAS Guy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted December 17 2008 - 12:27 AM

Many thanks to David Lambert at TV Shows on DVD for breaking the news that DALLAS SEASON 11 is being released to DVD on April 21, 2009, and that SEASON 12 is already in the works and will be released in 2009! Posted Image

Dallas DVD news: Announcement for Dallas - The Complete 11th Season | TVShowsOnDVD.com

#12 of 18 DALLAS Guy

DALLAS Guy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted January 07 2009 - 06:16 AM

I've now received my DALLAS NTSC Region 1 Tenth season DVD set early and despite there being 5 episodes on each side of the discs, I have to say that in my opinion the picture quality of the 29 episodes is pretty good. It's not a bad picture quality but it's not outstanding either. I like how there is hardly any dirt or dust flashing on the screen constantly (unlike previous seasons), and the episodes have correct color, brightness and contrast balance, unlike some episodes of previous DALLAS DVD seasons which look washed out or are too dark (e.g. "A House Divided" plus others forcing me to increase the brightness control on my TV).

The packaging for this tenth season is no longer the slim cases of the past few seasons. The 3 discs come in a standard DVD case and they're housed onto plastic with turns over like a page of a book (the same packaging as DYNASTY Season 2). There's also a leaflet inside which has a brief description of each episode.

I'm looking forward to buying all the remaining seasons on DVD to complete my DALLAS DVD collection. If Warner Home Video ever digitally restored all the episodes of DVD Seasons 1 - 9 so they look new, then I would buy them all again!

#13 of 18 Southpaw

Southpaw

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted January 08 2009 - 06:00 AM

Good to hear that they look great. My order should ship soon from WHV. IIRC, later seasons looked better on Soapnet so I'm not surprised that this has translated over to the DVD transfers.

#14 of 18 MatthewA

MatthewA

Advanced Member

• 5,797 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted January 08 2009 - 08:15 AM

Nice to know the picture quality isn't dreadfully bad. I wonder what the running times are.

#15 of 18 bmasters9

bmasters9

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted January 08 2009 - 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALLAS Guy
The packaging for this tenth season is no longer the slim cases of the past few seasons. The 3 discs come in a standard DVD case and they're housed onto plastic with turns over like a page of a book (the same packaging as DYNASTY Season 2). There's also a leaflet inside which has a brief description of each episode.

I just received our copy of the #8 release of "The Waltons" that my mother purchased, and it is packaged the same way. I would have taken pictures of the inside (and as a matter of fact, I did try to take one), but because the discs are doubles (as with "Dallas" #10), I don't think that I could have kept the discs out of the way well enough to facilitate the taking of any really good pictures of the inside layout.

NOTE: I got some pictures of the packaging using my scanner, and I just recently posted them on the Amazon page for the #8 "Waltons" release.
"CBS Sports presents...The Prudential College Football Report, sponsored by The Prudential, offering a full range of insurance and financial services. The Prudential: the Rock...it's strong, it's on the move, it's bigger than life."

(Don Robertson's original opening from The Prudential College Football Report in the 1985 season, Jim Nantz's debut)

#16 of 18 Paul Mavis

Paul Mavis

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted January 12 2009 - 01:30 AM

I've been asked to no longer post my reviews on HFT.

#17 of 18 DALLAS Guy

DALLAS Guy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted January 12 2009 - 06:04 AM

Here is sitcoms online review of DALLAS Tenth Season DVD as well:

Sitcoms Online - Dallas - The Complete Tenth Season DVD Review

#18 of 18 MatthewA

MatthewA

Advanced Member

• 5,797 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted January 12 2009 - 12:06 PM

One episode runs 45 minutes. According to Paul's review, it sounds sped up. I believe it may be a PAL copy that was converted to NTSC. Several later episodes as aired on SoapNet had this problem, too (and it also occurred on several episodes of Knots Landing starting with season 4).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow