Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Indiana Jones 5

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#1 of 31 DavidPla

DavidPla

Screenwriter

• 2,357 posts

Posted October 04 2008 - 06:40 AM

Harrison Ford says that George Lucas is cooking up an idea for a fifth film and says he's game for another round. Question is.. would Steven Spielberg come back to direct? Or is he completely finished with the series judging by interviews.

Quote:
Harrison Ford said Friday that momentum is building for a fifth movie in the "Indiana Jones" franchise and that George Lucas is already cooking up a suitable plot for a heroic senior citizen with a penchant for whips and fedoras.

"It's crazy but great," the 66-year-old Ford said. "George is in think mode right now."

"Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" grossed $318 million in the U.S. alone and $770 million worldwide and is expected to be powerhouse seller on DVD and Blu-Ray when it arrives in stores Oct. 14. It was a film that many people in Hollywood assumed would never be made considering the difficulty in finding the right time and the right script to reunite Ford, Lucas and franchise director Steven Spielberg after the 1989 hit "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade."

Now, though, the latest success and the fact that the franchise's old machinery was revived has Ford thinking a fifth movie is not only a viable idea, but an attractive one.

"It's automatic, really, we did well with the last one and with that having done well and been a positive experience, it's not surprising that some people want to do it again," Ford said.

Harrison Ford says George Lucas in 'think mode' on another 'Indiana Jones' film | Hero Complex | Los Angeles Times

#2 of 31 Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer

Lead Actor

• 7,962 posts

Posted October 04 2008 - 07:14 AM

As long as Spielberg doesn't get sucked into it, I'm fine with whatever LFL does.
Hey buddy...did you just see a real bright light?

#3 of 31 Pete-D

Pete-D

Screenwriter

• 1,746 posts

Posted October 04 2008 - 07:33 AM

I don't see Spielberg coming back. Honestly I really don't think he liked the last script, but Lucas wouldn't accept Darabont's script so that was that.

#4 of 31 Joe Karlosi

Joe Karlosi

Producer

• 5,994 posts

Posted October 04 2008 - 07:52 AM

I look forward to skipping this one. Wish I never saw Part 4.

#5 of 31 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,434 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted October 04 2008 - 07:56 AM

I hope they make this so people have a new movie to complain about.

#6 of 31 Dale MA

Dale MA

Supporting Actor

• 942 posts

Posted October 04 2008 - 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR

Posted Image

I know what you mean...

I for one look forward too seeing another Indy movie on the bigscreen, can't say I've ever not enjoyed an Indiana Jones movie. Love 'um! Posted Image

#7 of 31 Joe Karlosi

Joe Karlosi

Producer

• 5,994 posts

Posted October 04 2008 - 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR

Look at the bright side ... if people complain about a new movie like this, it gives others their usual chance to police opinions and complain that others are complaining!

#8 of 31 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted October 04 2008 - 09:33 AM

I hope they make this so people like me have a new movie to enjoy.

#9 of 31 Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer

Lead Actor

• 7,962 posts

Posted October 04 2008 - 01:47 PM

I hope it gets made for the fans Posted Image I just don't want Spielberg to do it. He has a long "to do" list, and I'd rather he spent time on those films. That was my only point Posted Image
Hey buddy...did you just see a real bright light?

#10 of 31 Chad R

Chad R

Screenwriter

• 2,174 posts

Posted October 05 2008 - 12:54 AM

I wouldn't mind if they did a hybrid story with Ford as Indy and a younger actor as Young Indy, and give themselves the opportunity to grow the series away from Ford. I know it's considered sacrilegious by many, but I think the series could exist beyond Harrison Ford. The character is strong like Bond.

#11 of 31 WillG

WillG

Producer

• 5,213 posts

Posted October 05 2008 - 12:14 PM

The bad news about this, is that there will probably not be a BD release of the first three films until they abandon the idea or a fifth film is actually made. Either way, it's a long way off.
STOP HIM! He's supposed to die!

#12 of 31 Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,035 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted October 06 2008 - 06:17 PM

I'd be up for it. The fourth film is a solid, if insubstantial, ride. I can't say it's any worse than the other two sequels though. The screenplay makes a difference. If whoever would write it at least ASPIRES to Raiders of the Lost Ark, we could probably get the best sequel yet. Harrison's still got it. Karen Allen still had the qualities that made her charismatic. Even Shia was not problematic.

#13 of 31 Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,734 posts

Posted October 07 2008 - 12:56 AM

I'd like to see another one, preferably sooner rather than later. Obviously, we don't have another 19 years to wait for the sequel.

Maybe one that is set in the late 50s and flashes back to WWII?

#14 of 31 Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets

Screenwriter

• 2,371 posts

Posted October 07 2008 - 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Favate
Maybe one that is set in the late 50s and flashes back to WWII?

I would be up for something dealing with his WWII days. Be interesting to see Indy as a soldier.

#15 of 31 Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted October 07 2008 - 05:23 AM

Well, we've already seen Indy as a soldier in The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles. I think Crystal Skull implied that he was a spy, anyway, working for the OSS.
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...

#16 of 31 Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,045 posts

Posted October 07 2008 - 10:52 AM

Maybe this series will be the opposite of Star Trek's track record, where here every odd numbered Indy film is better received.Posted Image

Not to put down The Crystal Skull, but I felt the ending was it's weakest aspect and the Temple of Doom wasn't my favorite.

#17 of 31 Simon Young

Simon Young

Stunt Coordinator

• 236 posts

Posted October 07 2008 - 11:35 AM

The only way I'm interested in seeing a fifth Raiders movie is if they finally do what they should've done years ago and adapt Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, the amazing computer game by LucasArts. They could easily set it in the 50s and replace the Nazis with Russians - in fact the Cold War backdrop would suit it rather nicely. I wanna see Indy using an amber fish on a string to find orichalcum beads, arranging stone discs to gain entrance to the Atlantean outposts, evading villains in the desert by hot air balloon, piloting a submarine to the bottom of the ocean and finally discovering the secret of Atlantis.

Who's with me?!

#18 of 31 Matt Butler

Matt Butler

Screenwriter

• 1,921 posts

Posted October 07 2008 - 12:39 PM

I dont understand the hate for Temple of Doom. It wasnt that bad. Yes Capshaw was annoying as hell but to me that was the only thing that bugged me. Crusade and Skull both annoyed me cause of the slapstick comedy in them. Raiders and Doom had a bit of humor but didnt get silly like Crusade and Skull did.
My Blu Rays
http://www.blu-ray.c...ol...=Dj Matt B

Favorite films of all time in no order
1. Zodiac 2. Dawn of the Dead (1978) 3. The Good The Bad and The Ugly 4. Blade Runner 5. The Warriors 6. Dark Knight 7. The Godfather  8. Bullitt 9. Experiment in Terror 10. Raiders of the Lost...

#19 of 31 Joe_G

Joe_G

Second Unit

• 300 posts

Posted October 07 2008 - 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete-D
I don't see Spielberg coming back. Honestly I really don't think he liked the last script, but Lucas wouldn't accept Darabont's script so that was that.

Agreed, although, the script that ended getting shot was the draft that Spielberg hammered out with Koepp. If Spielberg wants to come back, I hope he does it because he wants to. From what I read about Indy 4, Spielberg seemed to come across as the one who wanted Indy 4 the least, and directed the film "for the fans", which is the wrong mentality. If SS doesn't come back and Indy 5 does happen, will Lucas helm the directors chair? Or would he not do the film at all if SS isn't on board?

#20 of 31 Ron-P

Ron-P

Producer

• 6,283 posts

Posted October 07 2008 - 02:32 PM

Wonder if this will be the film where the whip gets handed down to Jones' kid and he takes the lead role?
You have all the weapons you need...Now fight!

Back to Movies (Theatrical)

Forum Nav Content I Follow