What's new

Ghost Whisperer - Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Geez, are we up to four already? The new season starts on Friday. I'm posting this to remind myself as much as anything, though the DVR will hopefully pick it up auto like.

James_S

Second Unit
Looking forward to seeing this opener. I take it that Rick Payne (Jay Mohr) is gone now since he has new series? or did I miss something?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
"I'll be back, safe and sound. Especially if my new show bombs out!" Yeah, he's moving to Gary Unmarried. Even if he doesn't end up coming back, it's nice to see a door not completely closed for a change.

The opening shot was very nice, but Alona drove all thoughts of Jennifer out of my mind. Oh, Alona, how I love you. Why are you not a household name? Loved her with dirt on her face. She kind of reminded me of Olivia d'Abo like that, which is not even remotely a bad thing. On the other hand, stupid Marcos Ferraez for marrying Alona. :angry: ;)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Love's jugs are back and jigglier than ever!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Strong opener with a somewhat unexpected tearful goodbye between Payne and Melinda, I mean I knew he was a friend but she was one step away from flat-out bawling when he left.

I think i'm going to like Jaime Kennedy here.

James_S

Second Unit
Yes great opening shot indeed!

I also was surprised by the tearful departure. But I am still a little confused on something though, the shadows at the end of last season and show at the beginning.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't know what the original plan was, but I think it was used this time just to give some tension to scenes with Prof. Payne. "I bet he's dead in the campus offices! No, well, I bet he dies going to rescue Melinda in the archives! Nope. Well, I bet he's hit by a car coming over to say goodbye!"

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Yeah, I was waiting for his SUV to explode when he turned the key in the ignition, or an 18-wheeler to run a red light and take him out just as he turned the corner as he left. ;)

I originally assumed the missing shadow was there to foreshadow Payne's death, which would cover Mohr's departure for his new show. Now I'm wondering if it, along with the new "Watchers", isn't part of a new season-long arc that will ratchet up the jeopardy for all the characters other than Melinda from week to week, as we'll always be expecting somebody to die at some point. (And if Mohr's show is a monster hit, they can still pull the trigger on Payne in a final send-off episode. But from what I've seen of Gary Unmarried, I wouldn't be surprised to see Prof. Payne back in Grandview by Christmas. If I were Jaime Kennedy, I don't think I'd be in a hurry to unpack and settle in. ;))

Regards,

Joe

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I was hoping when Melinda confronted the dead guy's friends, they'd say, "How do you know what we did that summer?"

Reasonably watchable episode, but nothing to write home about. I don't know that I like this Jaime Kennedy guy yet--whoever he is.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Trippy episode tonight, Love looked particularly yummy in her virtual reality get-ups.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

It was also nice to Vanessa Marano again, she's one of the things I miss most about Gilmore Girls. April rocked.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It got slightly better towards the end, but I hated the first thirty minutes. I was real close to shutting it off. I was hoping JLH would come out out of character to give a PSA about the dangers of online predators. Would have really added to the after-school special cheese.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Ghosts
Exciting and new
Come aboard
They're expecting you!

Nice change of pace. I liked the sexy party girl ghost. Had to chuckle at her "you remind me of Audrey Hepburn" line. The whole premise could be cool for a series: Melinda signs on with a cruise line and has to deal with different ghost cruisers each week!

We might be a little preggers.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Very different episode and lots of fun, never tire of seeing Love in party dresses.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

And I think we might have a new addition to the brunettes thread, the girl who played the main ghost this week was incredibly attractive...

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Television Without Pity did a feature on "The Least Scary Supernatural Shows", which is really pretty lame since the author seems to assume that all supernatural shows are supposed to be scary - which is clearly not the case. (Given the standard used to judge the shows, I'm surprised that Caspar - The Friendly Ghost didn't make the cut.)

Still, the description of GW (which came in at #6) was pretty amusing:

6. Ghost Whisperer (2005-present)
Maybe some of the ghosts on this show could have scared us by suddenly popping up and acting all creepy, but we were usually too distracted by obnoxious sidekick Jay Mohr (recently replaced by the equally obnoxious Jaime Kennedy) and/or Jennifer Love Hewitt's low-cut sundress to notice. Seriously, the scariest thing on that show is the fear that Hewitt might put on a turtleneck and the ratings would go down the toilet.

Regards,

Joe

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Joe,

At least for me, I watch GW (oops) for different types of thrills than the scared kind....;)

I meant to comment earlier on last week's episode. Way to estrogen soaked for me.....

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

I know what you mean. OTOH it is always nice to see Amy Pietz, the only reason I ever watched an episode of Caroline in the City. :D

Joe

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

"The whole place is a No Testosterone Zone, Crater Face!"

Well, it looks like the producers lied. "David Conrad isn't going anywhere! We love him too much!" Stupid cop. What a moron. "With zero information, I'll shoot the silhouette currently holding the weapon!"

Hopefully, DC is leaving because he got the role of Hal Jordan. Yeah, right.

Edit: Or, maybe it's more complicated than it first appears. Spoilerish interview:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Ghost-Wh...b&profileid=01

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks