-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

CEATEC 2008: Panasonic 3D Blu-ray

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 Paul Hillenbrand

Paul Hillenbrand

Screenwriter

• 1,246 posts

Posted September 30 2008 - 12:09 PM

Posted Image
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Williams
Today at CEATEC Japan, Panasonic unveiled the first public demonstrations of their groundbreaking 3D Blu-ray technology.
CEATEC 2008: Panasonic 3D Blu-ray

Remember back in July of 2007 the disappointments we felt about Blu-ray not having future 3D capability?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paidgeek
It is definitely too late to change the specifications. They have been essentially locked for quite a while.
Blu-ray Forum Post # 1580
Quote:
Originally Posted by paidgeek
The specs make no provision at all for dual stream decoding with two full rasters. There is only one output buffer, so I don't know how having dual streams will help accomplish 3D. It would be easier to use some older tricks like using a 1280 60p or 1920 60i encode and using every other field or frame for the alternate eye.
Blu-ray Forum Post # 1591

Posted Image

Paul
Avatar: "The Annunciation to the Shepherds" Painting by Nicolas Berchem (1680-1683)
BD 3D, BD, HD DVD, DVD collection

#2 of 2 RolandL

RolandL

Screenwriter

• 2,222 posts
  • LocationCromwell, CT

Posted October 01 2008 - 08:15 AM

Its going to happen. Its just a matter of time. I would love to see the 1950's 3-D films on Blu-ray in 1080p 3-D.

Roland Lataille
Cinerama web site

Forum Nav Content I Follow