What's new

The Amazing Race season 13 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The Amazing Race, just off from winning a 6th Emmy last Sunday for best reality TV show, returns for a 13th season on CBS tonight at 8 p.m. EDT. Due to potential NFL game overruns, I suggest either also recording Cold Case, or pad your recording time for this timed recording (if you have a DVR or old school VCR or Tivo/ReplayTV).

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I may pass on this season. My interest level faded towards the end of last season, and I ended up not caring too much for the winner, even though they weren't exactly an unlikeable team (which always put a damper on the season).

I read they are starting the in the same city as last season.... zzzzzz

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I'm looking forward to the premiere and hoping this season is a lot better than last season. I lost interest in the show very quickly last year, but a new cast and new locations always make for a good fresh start. :emoji_thumbsup:

Greg Krewet

Premium
Supporter
Its early in the season, but the early favorites for most annoying team is the ex football player and his wife.
Best
Greg

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
+1 on Starr, definitely this season's hottest contestant. The fuzzy haired frat boy reminds me of Jonah Hill from Superbad.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
+2 on Starr, that girl is hawt!

My least fav team so far is the ex football player and wife, she's a ball buster on wheels! The way she yelled at him for dropping the candy off of those carts (if that's what is was, the boxes were colorful like candy) drove me nuts!

So apparently, gravity is all Ken's fault. :rolleyes

It's funny that you mention the frat guys resemblence to Jonah Hill, it's for this reason that i've dubbed them Team Apatow lol.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I think he knows he looks like him and is playing it up hence the glasses.

Regarding Starr; I can't believe that her parents would name her Starr with the last name of Spangler.

I can picture being introduced to her; "Hi, I'm Starr, Starr Spangler. tee hee"

ugh.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I love this show (and agree with the Emmys always citing it in the Reality category) but have two gripes.

1. Why isn't this show in HD? Survivor has made the transition (finally) and it really pays off. The Amazing Race would be even more "Amazing" in HD for the wide variety of experiences that it offers each season.

2. CBS - Why take what is possibly one of your most consistent award winning shows in any category (6 years in a row) and continue to place it in the Black Hole of Programming - Sunday Night at "Eight" p.m. (or so, depending on the phases of the moon?!?) With Football and golf and tennis and a myriad of other open-ended programming it's a very rare event for the show to actually air in the 8-9 pm time slot here on the East Coast! This show deserves better than this. Yes, I can also record Cold Case (which follows it) - but that assumes that I'm not recording other items at 9 pm (which I usually am.) The only reason that I'm able to catch the entire show is because I have four HD dual tuner Dish Network PVRs in my home but even then I sometimes have to go into another room to catch the last 15 minutes or so of TAR. I'd really like to be able to watch this show at a predictable time in a predictable room. Give us a break please.

Non-related question: What's "Ken's" full name and who did he play for in the NFL?

Thanks.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
(1) I imagine that the logistics of going to HD are nastier for The Amazing Race than any other show on the air - in the early episodes, you need more than a dozen HD camera crews running around simultaneously, sometimes in parts of the world where equipment and service may not be readily available.

(2) There are no perfect time slots for any show, and every slot needs to be filled. CBS probably feels that Sunday at 8pm is a good fit for this show - it's the most watched night on TV, and one where family-friendly programming can do fairly well; the football/60 Minutes lead-in probably gives a boost to a show that, let us not forget, was banished to the summer a few years ago for being expensive and not pulling it own weight.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
As far as the frat guys, they are playing up the Superbad deal and dubbed themselves "Team Superbad" before the race started.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I can already tell that the one frat guy who doesn't look like Jonah Hill is going to annoy the living hell out of me. He seems VERY obnoxious. "I used to work in the airline industry". :rolleyes

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Terence and Sarah.

I think that Terence will win the prize for the most controlling sig other in AR history.

And that Sarah - "I hate them, they didn't even say hi!?"

What a couple of kooks.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Oh yeah: Starr might be hot, but calling Ken&Tina "Mom and Dad" is creepy and annoying. And Tina: those eyebrows are just creepy.

Steven Wesley

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve

For example, you can purchase Blong Black ("Ball bubble gum with red fruits flavour. Paints black the mouth") and Blong Blue ("Ball bubble gum with strawberry flavour. Paints blue the mouth")

Now doesn't that knowledge make your Race-watching experience that much better?
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks