What's new

Desperate Housewives season 5 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Desperate Housewives jumps 5 years into the future for their 5th season. Their premiere is tonight on ABC at 9 p.m. EDT.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought the premiere was decent, kept my interest with the jump ahead, now I wonder who Dave wants to give a beat-down to on Wisteria Lane.

What state is considered the "Eagle State"? I noticed that on Edie's car license plate.

The Scavo hellion twins look a lot like young Matt Damons.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
According to State Nicknames from NETSTATE it is Mississippi. The five-year jump ahead definitely did a lot to revitalize the show. You could consider that they have jumped over a few "boring seasons" that only had a few exciting events amongst normal life. We can see those exciting events in flashback and see how this more intriguing year in the life progresses.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I just watched this on my other DVR. Not bad. My prediction:

He's there to kill / off / revenge the loss of his wife & child in the car accident with Mike, etc.

I found it interesting that they have Hatcher playing basically the role that mirrors Season 1 plotlines.

It'll be interesting seeing Gabby deal with her overweight child. The bit about making her run for the car.. hilarious.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
That's an interesting theory and makes a lot of sense.

I was disappointed that Susan and Mike didn't work out. But nice to see Hatcher playing the character with more of an edge. As you said, she's got the Gaby role now. She's quite the older woman.

I cringed when Tom kicked the mirror off the Mustang. I have a 67 and I know how he feels when he was working on it. I'd never let a 16 year old drive it!

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
We'll have to see how the season works out wrt Susan and Mike. I wouldn't bet that Mike is totally out of the picture this season (especially if the theory in spoilers is correct).

Neil

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
While the reason -- their difference in reaction to the tragedy of the accident -- might actually be realistic, the fact that they had to jump through all those unrealistic hoops to get to that point where they were happy, just so that they can break up, so that now they might get back together... is why I doubt I will tuning in regularly.

Kyle

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kyle
Here is a theory:

Bree's dead husband, never really died. He took off to save himself and got plastic surgery to look different. He's hellbent on getting revenge on the woman that attempted to kill him.

I know, way out there, but I've seen weirder story lines

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Wow, 6 weeks without any posts!

I thought the new episodes have been pretty good and the shows have been going along a nice track. Each storyline has bounced back to down to Earth storylines.

Carlos and Gabby's situation evolved into a more interesting situation of the creepy rich lady Carlos was able to keep happy at the club as she tried to absorb and buy the cash poor Solis family as her own. Too bad Gabby ended it and the lady now will get them back.

I like how the Scavo family is focusing on the one older son too and what happens with the mixed-up situation where Lynette thought Doug was having an affair at Doug's Mancave when it turns out it's their older son and an older woman! Pretty hardcore fight when Lynette hurls and slaps around Anne in the ladies room! That must have been the most violent she and the show has gotten!

The Bree's and their new business is also a nice little thing. But their situation hasn't been as compelling.

And Susan working out her affair with the painter looks like they wanted to evolve it beyond a secret affair. I still hope that later in the season, Susan and Mike and this secret that Edie's husband might be connected and can resolve, if connected and they come together again.

The actor playing the painter had a bad motorcycle accident, so no telling how they continue Susan's storyline.

Also, last night, while watching in HD, I never noticed before that Teri Hatcher has one front tooth that doesn't match the rest, one is whiter then the rest! So it must be a cap! Surprising given how good cosmetic dentistry is now. Looked like she hides it now that I look for it.

So far, Dana Delany's storyline is sort of an afterthought, or it seems to have fizzled. It was nice her character helps out Bree when Orson is in prison. Though interesting that she and Mike are having a fling.

John Watson

Screenwriter

I've fallen into watching it again. As a black comedy it has some real laughs. Tho it is incredibly repetitive in its plots, and the long-term characters never turn into better people
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

I can't wait to see what the garage band has to do with the creepy guy's plan for revenge on Mike.

As for Dana, as she is the only woman on the show IMO who is good to look at, I hope she will stay around for awhile longer. And I am enjoying Lilly Tomlin's character.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Seems pretty clear to me that Mike is the target.

Didn't they as much as say that he killed psycho-boy's brother in prison? In self-defense, of course.

Regards,

Joe

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
This show is still as painful to watch as it's ever been...but yet I still watch. ;)

Had to laugh at the hideous painting of Susan. I was surprised to see the turn they took with that with her actually liking it. Wouldn't it have been a better story if she hated it? Plus it would have made more sense because it was horrible (she looked like a man).

As for the Neal McDonaugh character...seems like a massively convoluted plan to get back at someone. Did he really need to marry Edie and move into the neighborhood to get revenge?

I always thought Susan was by far the most annoying character on the show (possibly on ANY show), but Gabby this season is giving her a run for her money.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Agreed on both counts. Gabby's problem is that she has picked up Susan's most annoying traits - mind-blowing obliviousness and stupidity.

Regards,

Joe

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Gabby has always been so shallow and materialistic in the past, can't believe she'd blow the 50K (or is it 100K) that Carlos would have made with his "massage" techniques, plus the trip, clothes, etc.

Granted, it was turning into a creepy arrangement, with that Michael Jackson vibe to it, but she seems like the type of person to have toughed it out for a month or two. Now it looks like she may regret her actions.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I'm surprised that she blew the arrangement so quickly. I'd have thought we'd see her living high for a few weeks.

mylan

Screenwriter
No love for Desperate Housewives lately? I must confess I had gotten to the point where as long as I was in the same room when it was on was fine by me but this season has really kicked it up a notch.
Sometimes I really want to strangle Gabby with regards to the rich old lady, make up your mind, please!!
The nightclub scene gave me chills as I remembered the Great White concert at The Station club in R.I.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Well, that was confirmed. Now, just what else does he have in mind?

I thought we were going to lose a major character in the fire, but it seems that it was just the psychiatrist and perhaps a few extras (?). No new episode this coming Sunday due to the music awards.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks