What's new

WHV Announcement: The Dark Knight (DVD/Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
logos_darkknight.jpg

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
Not to be contrary, but I actually think it isn't so great that they're including the IMAX-framed sequences. In a 16:9 format, that means that the IMAX sequences will actually be smaller in size than the rest of the movie, the exact opposite of what occured in the theatrical presentations.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Nice! TrueHD audio, fully loaded bonus features.....glad I'll finally be able to pre-order this. With the Warner discount this'll only cost around $25.

Britton

Screenwriter
The IMAX preview sequence on the Batman Begins disc was in 1.78:1, so I would expect it to be the same for TDK's disc.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
The IMAX AR is 1.44:1 so I would expect that.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure, but I'm guessing they'll frame the IMAX scenes in 1.78 to fill 16:9 screens. When I saw it in IMAX (after seeing it twice in regular aspect ratio) I noticed there is a ton of "dead space" at the top of the frame. No real action going on. So I don't think it would be a huge loss to frame it at 1.78.

I'm really hoping the IMAX implementation is a seamless branching option that you can turn on/off. I thought it was cool on a 90' (or whatever it was) screen, but it might not work so well on my 60" screen (let alone others' even smaller screens).

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
if its anything like the prologue on the batman begins bluray.. it will be fine.

Jacob

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
Yes, the Prologue was framed at 1.66 and you could hardly call it tight. I rather expect it to be framed at 1:78 when included with the rest of the film though, it just makes sense to keep one variable the same.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Remember, they have to have something else to sell you on Dark Knight BD when the next movie arrives in 2011. ;)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

I don't know, but as I stated in the other thread the fact that those 2 History Channel documentaries are the bulk of the bonus features is VERY disappointing. I didn't even deem them worthy of saving on my DVR and I really had no desire to ever see them again. I know this is a title destined to be double and/or triple dipped in the future, but they still should have come up with something better in the special features department for the 2nd highest grossing film of all-time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks