What's new

WHV Announcement: Star Wars: The Clone Wars (DVD/Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
logos_clonewars.jpg

EricW

Senior HTF Member
although it would be a little weird to release a series that was pretty much erased and overwritten with the current series
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I would too, if they were created in HD. The Tartakovsky series bears all the hallmarks of having been created in a Flash-based 2D software series, so if this is the case and it was only produced in 480p, a BD release would be pointless.

Real Name
John S. Troutman

Well, if it was created in Flash, then all the art is vector, which would imply that it could be scaled up to infinite sizes without any loss in quality. If that's the case, it would look CRAZY sharp at 1080p on BD. And there'd be no compression artifacts plaguing the line work.

As for the Clone Wars in the thread title... :BLURGH!:

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I enjoyed SW:TCW for what it is: a kid's flick, plain and simple. My older son wanted to see it for his birthday, so I took both boys and they really enjoyed themselves.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Received this couple of days ago and watched it tonight. PQ/AQ I thought were good. Most of the special features are in HD. The making-of webisodes feature various clips of Ep. 1-6 in HD.:emoji_thumbsup: The video commentary was a let down. While it is exclusive to the Blu-Ray version, it's not a profile 1.1(bonus view) type video commentary. It's hard encoded @ 720x480. If that's all they were going to do, they should have just made it an audio commentary so you could still enjoy the movie in HD. Overall it's a nice little appetizer till Ep. 1-6 are released.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

what is that 720p?
whatever it was it looked sd to me.
I turned it off after a couple minutes.

film itself looked very good.
Looked like it may have been just a tad soft giving it a real film look and not a digital video game look.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott

No it's 480i/p. 720p is 1280x720.

Also for those that dislike the auto-start feature, you'll be happy to know that after the FBI warning and THX trailer there is an actual main menu.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I just got this today, I was shocked to find it defaulting to an actual menu, I think this is a first for Warners.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks