Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

I'm Not Used to This!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,550 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted September 23 2008 - 08:35 AM

My delta faucet drips, the button to change the spray is very stiff, and one side of the button just popped off. It's about 2 years-old.

I call delta and get a csr within a minute. Not bad. The lady, Kelly, takes my info and we figure out what needs to be replaced withing 3 minutes. She says she's sending out a new wand and repair kit. I ask how much? It's free, it's still under warranty, she says.

Good customer service with a good warranty. I'm not used to this. I may have to lay down to recover my equilibrium.Posted Image
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter

• 1,222 posts

Posted September 23 2008 - 08:49 AM

Sounds like my Weber experience. Great customer service is wonderful!

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   LewB

LewB

Screenwriter

• 1,282 posts

Posted September 23 2008 - 10:03 AM

Amazing how he have all lowered our expectations when it comes to service. Pretty sad as we are now a 'service economy'.
The problem with good service is that it's hard to quantify it's effect on the bottom line (ROI). Hard to say we sold x many more widgets by good word of mouth or positive reaction to the extra $ that a competent service center costs.
An off-shored call center shows an immediate return since the company is spending less for it. It costs less so therefore, it must be good Posted Image

My bathroom faucet set need replacing. I'll try and get a Delta. Thanks for the tip.

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls

Lead Actor

• 8,092 posts
  • LocationBoise, ID

Posted September 23 2008 - 10:35 AM

I've had a similar experience with my Delta kitchen faucet.
Feline videophiles Condoleezza and Dukie.

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   drobbins

drobbins

Screenwriter

• 1,870 posts

Posted September 23 2008 - 11:00 AM

It is one of the benefits of the Large Hadron Collider experiments. You have been transported to an alternate universe with helpful customer service!

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   Bob Graz

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor

• 798 posts

Posted September 24 2008 - 03:31 AM

Moen did same for me. They were very nice to deal with.

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie

Lead Actor

• 6,531 posts

Posted September 24 2008 - 07:00 AM

Some great companies wrt service: Weber: Constantly sending free parts. Once sent new grates to my mom simply beacuse she called to find out where to buy them. Sent a free thermometer to my brother-in-law for a model that didn't come with one. Sent a full set of knobs to my brother (out of warranty) when he asked how to order a single knob. Craftsman: Not the best tools in the world, but among the better stuff and they'll replace almost anything for free. I replaced one of my dad's ratchets that looked like it was from the 18th century or so, just by bringing it to the store. All-Clad: Sent them a chipped and worn non-stick pan, got a new one back with a gift certificate to cover my shipping. Kitchen-Aid: Constantly sending gift certificates and one-time deals just for registering a product and they have great customer service for products that last generations. Crutchfield: Sent me a free wiring harness for an Alpine car stereo after I melted the original with a misplaced soldering iron. Shipped it overnight with a pre-paid envelope for the old one. I said it was a mistake on my part and wanted to order one, but they insisted on sending it free. One of the best companies around, even though they sell at retail price. SVS: More stories than anyone needs to hear.

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie

Lead Actor

• 6,531 posts

Posted September 24 2008 - 07:39 AM

Exactly the decisions that get made when a CEO starts worrying more about pleasing stock holders than pleasing customers. The company I used to work for is a consultant to my current company. They sent a large amount of support overseas about 10 years ago - contracts they have come to regret, but can't get out of (that CEO has long since "parachuted" away).

About a year and a half ago, my current company started having a problem, which my old compony assigned to the overseas support contract. At that time I suggested we do an end run around support and contact "Mr. XYZ" here in the states. Instead, they played by the rules until finally, LAST MONTH, overseas support gave up and referred them to . . . you guessed it . . . "Mr. XYZ". "Mr. XYZ" came in, took a look for about an hour and a half, and had a fix in less than a week. Posted Image

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   LewB

LewB

Screenwriter

• 1,282 posts

Posted September 24 2008 - 10:06 AM

I have a similar story. I had a wireless connectivity problem with my laptop at work. I did all the usual stuff but the sucker would not connect. I had to open a ticket with the helpless desk, then wait for someone in India to IM me to ask if I had re-booted and yadda yadda yadda (you could tell she was reading a debug map), finally my ticket was transferred to networking support in Brazil ! More IM'ing with someone else with no fix.
Finally I IM'ed the local wireless support guy (who no longer handles workstation stuff) to find out that he had put updates on the local WAPs over the W/E. 30 mins later he shows up with some driver updates for my laptop and I was back on the air.
Yeah, they must save Millions by sending out the support work Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users