Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

NCIS season 6

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#1 of 37 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,895 posts

Posted September 23 2008 - 12:34 AM

Season 6 of NCIS starts tonight in its usual 8 p.m. EDT Tuesday timeslot on CBS.

The gang was disbanded by the new NCIS chief Vance at the end of last season under mysterious circumstance, and it's taken Gibbs the summer to find a link to Vance's actions.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#2 of 37 OFFLINE   Josh Dial

Josh Dial

Screenwriter

• 2,598 posts

Posted September 23 2008 - 02:18 AM

I can't wait.

My prediction is that we get 1-2 episodes of Gibbs with his new team, who will be both better and worse than his old. 1 episode for each "missing" old member (Tony on his ship, etc), and then 1-2 episodes re-uniting them all for some reason. I just don't see a House-like situation where the old team is still around, but in a reduced role.

#3 of 37 OFFLINE   tyler payne

tyler payne

Second Unit

• 342 posts

Posted September 23 2008 - 11:33 PM

Interesting set up for the season. Will this be something that is a multi-episode arch over the season or will it be wrapped up quick.

I won't go into detail in case some have not seen it yet. But it was a decent opening to the season and makes you wonder how far they will take this idea.

tyler

#4 of 37 OFFLINE   Josh Dial

Josh Dial

Screenwriter

• 2,598 posts

Posted September 24 2008 - 02:09 AM

Looks like my prediction about how they will handle the new and old teams is wrong - which is great, because they way they seem to be doing it is quite good.

#5 of 37 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,895 posts

Posted September 24 2008 - 03:41 AM

As soon as the key card was found in McGhee's replacement's bookpack, it all but cemented that Lee was the mole. It also answered a season-long mystery: How Palmer was pulling in all that monkey business with Lee - she did use him, and used him hard to build up her alibi with a weekly nookie session. I'm really hoping Gibbs lets her go to find a bigger fish upstream.

#6 of 37 OFFLINE   Julian Reville

Julian Reville

Screenwriter

• 1,197 posts

Posted September 24 2008 - 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun
As soon as the key card was found in McGhee's replacement's bookpack, it all but cemented that Lee was the mole.

I don't follow, but I'm kind of dense. Can you explain that, please?

#7 of 37 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,895 posts

Posted September 24 2008 - 10:43 AM

Because it was all too apparent (at least to me) that Lee was setting up former FBI agent to be the fall guy in the building next door that she had the access code for one of the doors needed to get further into the building. Seriously, who leaves an access card, wrapped with a piece of paper with a code on it inside a simple bookbag? No mole worth their salt. Plus Palmer made his pronouncement that he ended it with Lee because he felt he was being used.

#8 of 37 OFFLINE   Zack Gibbs

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter

• 1,687 posts

Posted September 24 2008 - 11:06 AM

I thought the pillow thing made it obvious. They went out of their way to make it clear she wasn't comfortable with her gun.
"Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a DARK KNIGHT."

#9 of 37 ONLINE   DavidJ

DavidJ

Screenwriter

• 2,614 posts

Posted September 24 2008 - 04:11 PM

It's great to have NCIS back and it was a great season premiere. And, wow, does Jonathan LaPaglia look like his dad or what?

#10 of 37 OFFLINE   Ken Chan

Ken Chan

Producer

• 3,302 posts

Posted September 24 2008 - 05:18 PM

If you mean Anthony LaPaglia, they're brothers.

No comments on Ziva's dress?

#11 of 37 OFFLINE   Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,303 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted September 25 2008 - 01:16 AM

Quote:

Words fail me. Posted Image For a minute there I was hoping for a spin-off where Ziva works undercover as a singer in a Casablanca like bar where international intrigue is as normal as serving booze and throwing out drunks. Posted Image

Incredibly, I can't find a picture of her in the dress anywhere on the net. I can't believe nobody took a screen-grab. I can only assume they've all been too ... busy to post it since then. While we're waiting, here's a pic of Cote de Pablo in a different dress.

Posted Image

Regards,

Joe

#12 of 37 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,895 posts

Posted September 25 2008 - 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Chan

#13 of 37 OFFLINE   Julian Reville

Julian Reville

Screenwriter

• 1,197 posts

Posted September 25 2008 - 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun
Because it was all too apparent (at least to me) that Lee was setting up former FBI agent to be the fall guy in the building next door that she had the access code for one of the doors needed to get further into the building. Seriously, who leaves an access card, wrapped with a piece of paper with a code on it inside a simple bookbag? No mole worth their salt. Plus Palmer made his pronouncement that he ended it with Lee because he felt he was being used.

Ah. OK, then. Still don't see that as an obvious plot ploy, but dumber things have certainly happened in real life. (It took 20 years for John Anthony Walker, Jr. to get caught by the FBI, and it only happened then because his ex-wife ratted him out over the alimony?)

#14 of 37 ONLINE   DavidJ

DavidJ

Screenwriter

• 2,614 posts

Posted September 25 2008 - 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Chan
If you mean Anthony LaPaglia, they're brothers.

No, I meant Eddie the Australian car dealer. What? Aren't you familiar with how he looks? Posted Image

Thanks to Ken and IMDB, I now know more about the LaPaglias than I ever thought I would. Jonathan doesn't really look 39 to me and I'm a bit surprised that there is only a 10 year gap between Anthony and Jonathan.

And Ziva's dress...

Posted Image

#15 of 37 OFFLINE   Ty Zucker

Ty Zucker

Stunt Coordinator

• 141 posts

Posted September 30 2008 - 01:04 AM

Yeah, Ziva's dress...Mmmmm

#16 of 37 OFFLINE   NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,638 posts

Posted September 30 2008 - 03:44 AM

By the way, the ratings for the NCIS were up from last year's premiere - one of the few shows to show gains.
Quote:
a 30 percent increase from its previous premiere and the military drama's most-watched season opener ever.
From
Ratings for NCIS, House, DWTS, 90210, Fringe, Mentalist and SVU - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

#17 of 37 OFFLINE   Josh Dial

Josh Dial

Screenwriter

• 2,598 posts

Posted September 30 2008 - 05:55 PM

Glad to see NCIS continues to crush in the ratings - it's nice to have a "safe" show Posted Image

Tonight's episode was pretty good all around, even if its purpose was obvious. It was nice to see some "navy stuff" again, as though that last season was great, there was a lot of "oh, make this guy a marine so NCIS can solve it." Hopefully there will be more investigations like the first few seasons, where it really mattered that they were taking place within the framework of the military.

cheers!

#18 of 37 OFFLINE   Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,303 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted October 01 2008 - 12:34 AM

Is it just me or was Ziva looking extra fine in this episode? Posted Image

Regards,

Joe

#19 of 37 OFFLINE   Paul McElligott

Paul McElligott

Screenwriter

• 2,598 posts

Posted October 01 2008 - 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph DeMartino
Is it just me or was Ziva looking extra fine in this episode? Posted Image
Can't tell you. That night club scene in the opener overloaded my fine meter. Pegged the needle, really.
R.I.P. DVDSpot

#20 of 37 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,895 posts

Posted October 01 2008 - 05:26 AM

Ziva's reaction to seeing her photos at Tony's locker/space was hilarious.

Back to TV Programming

Forum Nav Content I Follow