What's new

How I Met Your Mother - season 4 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
"How I Met Your Mother" returns for a 4th season on CBS tonight, at 8:30 EDT (last season, it was the lead-in for "Big Bang Theory" but HIMYM got better ratings in the bottom half of the hour, so I guess that's why it stays there for this new season.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
I admit that I have only seen about a handful of episodes from season 1 (which I really enjoyed) and that I really don't know much about this show and the characters, but I am recording this show tonight because of Neil Patrick Harris and his funny commercials for the show.

I actually own season 1 on dvd and when I get some down time, will start watching it.

Enjoy everyone!

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
How will Ted blow it this season?

That guy doesn't really deserve a nice woman if you ask me.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

I am still a fan of the show, but I absolutley hate the idea of Barney and Robin together. I hope she catches one of his STDs. LOL

James T

Screenwriter
If the series ended with Barney and Robin together, I think that might be acceptable, but maybe they did this b/c they were running out of ideas for Barney's character?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Watched this back to back with Big Bang Theory: this was equally interesting and fun. I'm looking forward to another good season.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I'm a fan of the Barney-Robin connection. It made sense to me and seemed laid out as their path from the first season. In my mind it is not at all like the Joey-Rachel "we ran out of ideas" coupling.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Barney is the best thing about the show, so I want good things to happen to the character. I was a little disappointed that it looks like he'll be back to the same old Barney and just silently pine, but oh well.

I also kept picturing NPH as Dr. Horrible and kept waiting for him to break into song :D

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
"How I Met Your Mother: The Musical" - I'm sure Jason Segal is up for that episode as well, with muppets, of course.

We'd all be lucky to have Robin as a wingwoman.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i thought Ted not knowing Stella was a bit contrived. remember when they first started dating, they held off sex and he said all they did was talk. but hey, anything to make an episode revolve around Star Wars :P

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Given the banks situation, it was weird to see Marshall get a job at GNB.

I liked Robin's delivery of her line "Oh my god, I just want you inside of me."

But overall, it was a bad scavenger-hunt type of episode.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Yeah, the bank thing was sort of a sensitive area after the last couple weeks.

The interesting thing is the following show, 2.5 Men, was centered on a lending dispute between the brothers.

I somehow missed Robin's line, but I thought she was super cute scrounging in the garbage.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I enjoyed this episode.

Specifically, when Marshall is describing the taste of the burger, and the scene almost exactly mirrors a great scene in Amadeus. I thought that was pretty brilliant.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
We had to pause the DVR for about 5 minutes to work out the guffaws after Barney's line about the burger being so good he wanted to sew his ass up.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member

I thought Robin's line was "I want this meat inside of me." which made me think "That's What She Said!" :D

Cobie Smulders somehow made talking with your mouth full of food sexy. [url=https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/d/dd/htf_imgcache_34927.gif] [/url]

I thought the episode was pretty great myself. I've never been to New York, but can relate to the scavenger hunt myself.

If you're ever in West Michigan, come to Muskegon and get chili dogs at G&L and pizza at Fricano's. You won't be disappointed. [url=https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/d/dd/htf_imgcache_34927.gif] [/url]

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Those poor kids. Having to wait listen to 4 years of stories about how their dad met their mom. ;)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Anyone creeped out at the close-up of Marshall's mouth as he ate the burger in high definition? Not something I wanted to see.

I thought Robin's "meat" line was pretty risque and well done!

Neil Patrick Harris and Regis Philbin are buddies in real life. So it was amusing and very subtle that Neil did his impression of Philbin when Regis was pushing him around at the gym.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Found this story on FARK and all I could think was,

"Barney, is that you?"

Lawsuit: Doctor stapled my rectum shut.

"...And a serious obsession with hamburgers."

OK, all together now, "Rectum? He damned near killed him!"

BTW, Smulders did look extra-specially hot this week. Even in the cab scene where she had practically no lines and NPH was singing the bank jingle, she was the only one I could look at.

Regards,

Joe

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
The ending seems to indicate that the gang won't be seeing Robin too much in the future?

The running gag with Barney needing a fist bump was pretty good.

Are we ever going to see Dowisewtrepi?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks