What's new

My Three Sons: Season 1, Vol. 2 in January (1 Viewer)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
The Classicflix blog is reporting this morning that the remainder of the 1st Season of "My Three Sons" will be made available on January 20th of next year. Not too long of a turnaround if you ask me.

Gary "hope we keep getting these quickly - it's a long series" O.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
What, no one's excited about this news today?

Gary "I thought it was a nice surprise, given the quick turnaround from the V. 1 release" O.

Montytc

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim Montavon
Gary, that would be great news and I hope it comes to pass. At just under 4 months, it would allow three sets to come out every year. Since this is a long running show and they seem determined to do half season sets, this is probably about as good as fans could hope for. I'll be buying both of these when they show up.

MARC1

Agent
Real Name
marc soaper
I am excited hopefully tvshowsondvd gives us the official word soon.I had saw at amazon.com the other day season 1 vol 2 along with season 2 vol 1 and season 2 vol 2 with the notice sign up to be notified when released.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Just so everyone knows, Classicflix is a solid site that doesn't post rumors. They aren't as well known as TVShowsonDVD or The Digital Bits, but they are a solid outfit. I'd all but guarantee you that's the correct release date.

Gary "just didn't want anyone to think this was a rumor mill type site - it's not" O.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
That's great news!
A clever marketing strategy! They're probably hoping more consumers will purchase season 1 vol. 1 if they're assured in advance that vol.2 will follow.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
it's smart to put William Frawley's face on the cover. Perhaps that'll help get I Love Lucy fans to consider picking up the boxset. I know a lot of folks who only remember the Uncle Charlie years.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Apparently the guy(s) at ClassicFlix must be early risers, since they beat me to the punch on posting about that.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

That, and I've had a heck of a day dealing with prepping other stories about other shows, both for today (CBS also announced Walker, TX Ranger and Matlock releases) and for upcoming days (bad news tomorrow for Grace Under Fire fans).

If you're interested in the cover art, though, it's here:
My Three Sons DVD news: Announcement for My Three Sons - Season 1, Volume 2 | TVShowsOnDVD.com

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
I'm hoping there's going to be good news for Love American Style season 2.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

David, just so I understand what you are saying: Do you mean that CBS/P will not be making any more announcements this week about what's coming in January? And if that's the case, are we to infer that we've got all the info we are going to get about CBS/P January releases? In other words, it's all on the table and there's nothing left for the first month of the year. Is that what you are saying?

Gary "thanks" O.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
No

Paramount usually makes announcements once a week, usually on Mondays. Later in the week more info trickles in for those announced titles.

The following week we'll generally see other announcements.

Not every week will include TV titles. Once every 4 to 6 weeks there might be a "by" week, with no announcements at all, but we can never tell when (or if) those are gonna happen.

Many studios have a pattern like this. Uni usually announces on Tuesdays. Disney usually announces on Fridays. I'm shocked noone's noticed this before! :D

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Thanks David. My first post of questions really wasn't worded very well. I kinda knew some of the studios announced weekly (definitely picked up on that pattern with CBS/P). But what I was trying to find out is if there's still the potential for CBS/P to make more announcements specifically about January TV releases, or are they done with January after yesterday as it concerns TV announcements. Could/would they be likely to come back next Monday and still make announcements for January? Or do you think their January slate is now completely announced? That's really what I was trying to get out initially, and I'm afraid you didn't completely get what I was saying because it was worded poorly.

Gary "thanks, David" O.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

Yes, I would expect that Par has a lot more January titles to announce. Do I know for sure? No. But I expect more than the half-dozen TV-DVD titles they've announced, which only cover three of the four Tuesdays during that month. ;)

Half-dozen? Duckman, Mannix, Transfomers: Animated, Matlock, Walker, and M3S...yep. Oh, there's a "Dora" release and a "Ni Hao, Kai-lan" release, too, for anyone with young kids.

TVAdam

Grip
Real Name
Adam
"My Three Sons" is the number one show I've wanted to own every episode of ever since I used to watch it back on Nick at Nite. When I first heard that the season sets were split in half, I was furious. Then I decided to just be happy and enjoy what I get, as long as I eventually get them all. The news of the second half of season one coming is GREAT news. And I'll be able to enjoy the first volume a lot more knowing that at least the rest of the first season is coming in only four months.

Watching "My Three Sons" and "The Donna Reed Show" I'll feel just like a kid again watching classic Nick at Nite.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I am genuinely looking forward to this show on DVD (especially the early black & white seasons!) But, I am somewhat dismayed by the MSRP. It looks like season one, volume one will street for an average retail price of around $30. If that is the price for subsequent volumes then you're looking at a season price of $60 or more. That seems awfully high when compared with other sitcoms of the era. It looks like to me like CBS/Paramount is hedging their bet on this title. At $60 per season, I question how well it will sell. Perhaps CBS/Paramount is hoping that the casual consumer won't realize they're only getting a half season set and buy it anyway. It seems to me that when CBS/Paramount pulled the originally announced fist season set and split it into two separate volumes, then they would have adjusted the price accordingly. That does not appear to be the case...

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
I remember watching the premiere of "My Three Sons" on ABC when I was ten.

I can't tell you how strange it was to see Fred Mertz on a different show!

Not to mention Spin, from "Spin and Marty"!

I'm looking forward to seeing that first season again after --- arrgh! --- almost half a century.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Just a note to say that, to my utter shock, the CBS Distribution Bible is showing that the studio is now in the process of transferring Season 2 of MY THREE SONS to HD. I'm kinda shocked by this news, as I thought CBS/P would give up on this series after the music debacle of Season 1 (replacement music). But apparently they are plowing ahead with this series.

Gary "if they'd fix the music score for this series I'd be elated to buy a 2nd Season set" O.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I'm surprised by that too but the level of complaints about MTS just never seemed to be too widespread it seemed.

In the sitcom realm, I'm sorry that "Love American Style" remains dead for now, and that would make that show the only CBS/Paramount title of the last few years to get just one season released on DVD.

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
Hopefully this'll be a season 2 release with no replaced music...

By the way, can anyone who got the last release confirm that there was music replacement in My Three Sons, Season 1, Volume 2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks